jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

why do homosexuals think it's so important for the bulk of society to accept the

1. profile image48
    lvictor334posted 8 years ago

why do homosexuals think it's so important for the bulk of society to accept them.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image75
    Evan G Rogersposted 8 years ago

Why do many heterosexuals NOT accept them?

Why do homosexuals get treated so differently?

Why is this question even being asked?

If we don't accept homosexuals, who else can we 'not accept'?

Should society accept transexuals?

Should society accept Jewish people?

Should society accept Christians?

Should society accept any group of people who anyone anywhere can somehow justify to classify into a different subset of individuals?

Why do black people demand that society accept them?

Why do creationists demand that scientists accept them?

Why do I feel the necessity to give to the poor? Should society accept them?

Why should society accept people with red hair?

Why do the families of people with mental handicaps feel that it is society's duty to accept them?

Should we accept people with 6 fingers on one hand?

Should we accept bald people?

Why should society accept the Constitution?

BECAUSE THEY'RE HUMANS WHO DON'T WANT TO SPEND THEIR ENTIRE LIFE BEING SH'T UPON JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE BORN A CERTAIN WAY!!!

... Lvictor334's question is thus refuted. Please put more effort into asking questions.

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago

Because they're gay? Sorry, sorry I don't know what came over me! They want to belong and not fear for their safety. If they could count on us to stand by them they would have less to fear.

4. IdeaMorphist profile image64
    IdeaMorphistposted 8 years ago

Because there is only One who deserves to judge any of us! We all need to respect one another's "choices" as their right.

5. thehands profile image95
    thehandsposted 7 years ago

I think homosexuals, like most people, just want to be treated normally. If that's what you mean by "acceptance," then it's obvious why it's important for them. They just want to be left alone so they can live a normal life. They don't want to be harassed, they don't want people getting in their face, they don't want people who could have been their friends turning them away and saying "Sorry, you're nice and all, but I just don't agree with your 'lifestyle,' so I don't think we can be friends."

They don't want their homosexuality to be a barrier between them and other people, especially since those tendencies and desires are probably something they're born with and something they can't undo.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

6. xethonxq profile image62
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Because we are human beings who contribute to society just as much as heterosexuals.

working