jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

this is a question for all the married couples who've been married for ten or mo

1. profile image46
    M.clutchposted 7 years ago

this is a question for all the married couples who've been married for ten or more years. when...

did you first know that he/or she was the one?

2. clicketmaster profile image59
    clicketmasterposted 7 years ago

I've been married for 14 years so I feel qualified to answer this. It did not hit me that my wife was the one until about 6 months into the relationship. I was a military man so my future went were my company went. I got married in my early 20's so I don't think I was the one who had doubt.

My wife seemed to drag feet a bit out of fear of her parents reaction. It got to the point were I asked my wife 3x to marry me. Out of fear she could not say "YES".

I got so fed up that I told her I will never ask her again. And if she wanted to get married she would be the one asking me...

Well about 30 days later after I left to visit home on leave, when she picked me up at the airport she could not hold back and asked me.  I knew the reason why she was reluctant to say yes when I asked, It was not that we were not meant for each other.

She was scared her parents would kill her. But after 14 years of marriage neither of us regret our decision.

3. profile image0
    Schizophrenic Duoposted 7 years ago

I have been married 43 years and I knew she was the one 45 years ago when I first saw her in high school. We dated two years and then married. Love at first site is not always reliable, but, it was for me.

4. beauitfulgirls profile image55
    beauitfulgirlsposted 7 years ago

I've been with my husband 17 yrs but we've been married for 9 yrs. I feel that it's fate. We've known each other since we were four. We met again when we were 12 at a church retreat. I felt that God has a plan for us. I knew that I could never love someone like the way I love him and no one would understand me like him. It's that person that can make you laugh, there for you, and the one that will love you no matter what. If you're not happy and can't communicate you shouldn't be together. You do need to ask yourself; " Am I really happy, can I be devote to him, can I find someone better, and can I live without him?"