For married couples how many times do you have sex in a week?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (36 posts)
  1. dawnM profile image56
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

I have done 5 surveys and everyone says that they think 3 is average but then I find out that the real average is twice a month.  So if you can answer the question that would be great, not how much you think but how much you are!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dawn....are you looking for some particular answer lol....5 surveys? lol

2. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

seven minimum. no joke. 

not what I think, what I do.

3. WIND OF LIFE profile image60
      WIND OF LIFEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

nearly everyday and we have been married for 7 years

2. dawnM profile image56
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

Yes thank you for asking, I just want to know an average.  What has been happening is that people will say that they think three times is normal but that is what they think....I want to know and many others too, actually how often on average do married couples have sex in a week.  I was really surprised that when people were honest they said twice a month...that is really staggering to me…

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

maybe it is 2x a month for the average...i think other items need to be included e.g. gender response; age; working/not; children's age; etc....and you could get different responses from each gender - a spouse could say once a week and the other spouse could say 2x a week....just a thought...i think you'd have to survey couples and not just one sided response.,..that might bring it closer...i don't know. lol

3. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

There is no average - you are asking the wrong people the wrong question.  If you seriously wanted to know you would have to interview hundreds of thousands of people and then work out how to differentiate the lies from the truth.

The direct answer to your question personally - with my ex-wife for twenty of the thrity years we were in bed together - as little as I could get away with - now with my partner of 2 years and going strong - every time we are not too tired.

Good luck with this one big_smile

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Poet...tripping the light fantastic i see!.....lmao

a more serious note, when you interview you would do well to ask both husband and wife togeather, keep it light and a fun conversation and you will get answers, the wife probly more truthfull about it!!!!

4. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Alone, or with our spouses too?

5. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

6. dawnM profile image56
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

Randy that was funny...lol alone does not count and I did ask husband and wife seperate and believe or not men said three times a week but everyday would work and women said three times a week, but i think that many were actually not being up front.  I found the men to be more honest?  oh well I guess we will never really know....

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think everyone is different!  Some spouses may not agree to the frequency the other spouse would like!  Or lack of frequency, as the case may be!

1. alternate poet profile image66
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or maybe one spouse was alseep and didn't notice ?

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The voice of experience, AP?

7. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

When you find out, Dawn, please let us know.
    I, for one, don't want to be average.
    I want to be above average!

8. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Two friends got married on the same day. They promised to each other to tell each other the number of times they did it on their wedding night by repeating "Good Morning" the number of times they did it.

In the morning, one said " Good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning"

The other said " Good morning till morning"

1. dawnM profile image56
      dawnMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

loved the joke thirdmillenium...lol

Well Mighty mom, so I will give you my humble opinion  of course thats all it is, but if you can get throught the first half of marriage, and the kids are now in elementry school and you and your spouse are still attracted to each other or at least you still like each other, then I think that the real fun can begin......
      So I guess then my answer is if you can make it through ten years, then you can start over again and f-ck like rabbits, becasue as a woman you finally figured out what a g-spot is and how to use it along with your other magic button and at 40 years old the hormones are like a wild rino......
      So maybe that should be the question....

How many times a week do you have sex with your wife in her 40's.......lol

1. dawnM profile image56
        dawnMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh by the way mighty mom, I think that you are safely over the average...lol

9. Jaynie2000 profile image84
    Jaynie2000posted 13 years ago

It varies depending how busy life gets, but usually about 3 times per week.

10. dawnM profile image56
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

Jaynie, thanks for the answer...I think most husbands would be happy with that...lol

1. zzron profile image56
      zzronposted 13 years ago

I would say that average is probably twice a week.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3969421_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

dreamer LMFAO

xo

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years ago

I'm not married anymore, so I can't really say, other than he was getting it a lot more than I was

3. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Statistically speaking the optimum equation is;

100 Jellybeans + months married - 3 years in months + days in summer - days in winter + birthdays & anniversaries - headaches, injuries, broken bones + 42 = once per week, on average.

Also statistically speaking, I have known to be incorrect, on occasion big_smile

4. profile image52
      John Wiggensposted 13 years ago

Married 43 yeaRS AND MY WIFE AND i HADN'T HAD SEX OR INTIMACY FOR ABOUT 25 YEARS. ITS BEEN SO LONG i CAN'T REMEMEBR ANY MORE.

5. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

If it's with yourself but your mate is sleeping or whatever does that count?
      big_smile

1. Anath profile image60
        Anathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol what about having it with someone else while yor mate is watching lol

6. feisty woman profile image60
      feisty womanposted 13 years ago

How many times a WEEK?!! Once or twice a month maybe and that's more than enough.  Been with hime 13 years but...

7. steffer profile image61
      stefferposted 13 years ago

it depends from week to week, but on average i guess 2 times.
      i think that ain't to bad after being together for 10 years.

8. xixi12 profile image69
      xixi12posted 13 years ago

more like once in two months....

9. hubber-2009 profile image57
      hubber-2009posted 13 years ago

that includes my Hubscore shown here???

10. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

OMG... How Sad yikes

No Wonder there has been such a rush on New Pussies and Snakes at the RSPCA this year! roll

11. ar.colton profile image81
      ar.coltonposted 13 years ago

About 1-3 times a week I guess.

We're very young and I would much rather do it more often but unfortunately medical issues slow me down. Too often we start and have to stop. But as long as we keep trying I'm happy smile

12. vicki simms profile image67
      vicki simmsposted 13 years ago

We make sure that we make time for each other, we have been married for 8 years and I would say for us about twice a week is our average (although i'm sure he would want more) big_smile

1. dallaswriter profile image60
        dallaswriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My husband is only home on the weekends so needless to say, he basically loves me every chance he gets... after 22 years together 2-4 times a week is a wonderful thing for both of us!

13. Neil Sperling profile image60
      Neil Sperlingposted 13 years ago

I heard about a sex therapy meeting and a speaker asked the same question... one guy in the back was laughing the whole time so the interviewer finally asked him "what was so funny?" - the chap said "we only have sex once a year".... the interviewer said "whats so funny about that?" - the chap replied - "tonight is the night and I can't wait!"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)