jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why Do People Believe Love Is In The Heart And Not In The Brain?

1. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Why Do People Believe Love Is In The Heart And Not In The Brain?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Why do people believe love is in the heart and not the brain?

Well, quite simple and apparently not so obvious to you, but LOVE is an emotion.  It is not a thought.

3. myownworld profile image79
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

lol...you remember making love with someone you truly loved and hearing that heart of yours beat faster and louder than anything else in the world? That's why!
    On a serious note, it's because love is more of an emotion FELT within the heart - an unthinking feeling if you will, and often reason has little to do with it, nor is their much control over it. Hence, the general belief. Of course, not everyone believes it's so.

4. DavitosanX profile image74
    DavitosanXposted 7 years ago

I agree with the other answers. Even though thoughts and emotions are generated in the brain, most emotions are felt in the chest area, and affect heart rythm, blood pressure, etc.

5. manthy profile image77
    manthyposted 7 years ago

because people tend to let their feelings dictate their actions, but honestly if you truly love someone it is in the heart & soul & brain and everywhere

6. CarlitaDavid profile image55
    CarlitaDavidposted 7 years ago

i dont believe Love is in the heart always, because this may cause some complications in life and especially in the brain.  Such as confusion and whether its the right love.  If your talking about couples, which can come from the heart, but really agreeing to one another.  I guess its a figure of speech!