jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

serious question: what makes people gay, or lez, or bi?

1. profile image52
    candice123posted 7 years ago

serious question:  what makes people gay, or lez, or bi?

i see gay people all the time, and i just dont understand them at all

2. Kelley Harmon profile image70
    Kelley Harmonposted 7 years ago

It's a matter of sexual preference or lack there of. I'm sure you have certain features or personality traits your prefer in a partner. You don't understand why you're attracted to a certain physical type or a specific personality.You just are.

I, honestly, think less people would identify as heterosexual if society didn't place social stigmas on being attracted to more than one or the same sex. Not that people can't or don't have a strong preference or slight leaning toward a particular gender. I just think labels have made love and sexual attraction more confusing than it needs to be.

3. Lgali profile image55
    Lgaliposted 7 years ago

Sexual orientation is something we are born with and not acquired' from our social environment."

4. profile image52
    candice123posted 7 years ago

people can't be born gay, i looked it up and its imposible.  but ive always been courious why it happens,

5. anandpokar profile image58
    anandpokarposted 7 years ago

What do you mean you looked it up and it's impossible to be born gay?  Is it impossible for people to be born left-handed?

---

It seems it's a combination of genetic, biological, and random occurrence in development that makes someone's sexual orientation- along with creating unique personalities and traits for all people by working on other different parts of the brain.

Gay people's brains tend to operate more like straight people of the opposite sex, leading us to believe that since gender differentiation happens in a developing fetus/baby, that the uniqueness happens way back at this point.  It's why it's also possible to identify gender conformity or non-conformity in ages as early as 2-3 as the best predictor for adult sexual orientation.

6. SuperCC profile image56
    SuperCCposted 7 years ago

Its biology, genetics. Before you were born did anyone ask you:
    Alrite do you wanna be straight,lesbian,bisexual,or gay?
    Same for the people who were born gay,bisexual or lesbian.
    is deffinitly not a preferance because who would want to choose the orrientation societys despise so much? In different counturies innocent, intelligent,gay men are tracked down and burned the crime?-being gay.

This is my honest opinion I do not wish to offend anyone but that is how I feel.               
    from- a straight girl

7. profile image46
    bennnybposted 7 years ago

its a mixture of mental and eviromental habitat one has been exsposed to.for instance a pedafile may of been exsposed to that enviroment as a child so sees nothing wrong with being that way eclined unless mentaly that individual was strong enough to over come that experience seeing that it was wrong therfore devolping on a different level.When a brain imbalanced person is put in a exposed area of a certain enviroment of something considered unnormal that will be often the deciding factor of the persons development

working