jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do men think they can buy you things after they've done something wrong?

1. Tranita profile image61
    Tranitaposted 7 years ago

Why do men think they can buy you things after they've done something wrong?

You can't buy love...

2. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

They refuse to say "I'm sorry" because they really don't feel that they have done anything wrong and that the girl is simply oversensitive. So bribe with a gift to shut your mouth up.

Besides  - even if did try to say were honestly sorry - It won't work because it will be remembered forever in future arguments. Also the girls can tell when they are lying.

3. profile image44
    secondimpressionsposted 7 years ago

I agree that most men don't feel they are wrong about anything. They buy you things because they don't know what to say and think that buying you something will fill the void that not talking leaves behind.

Society has spent too much time making this seem ok with the shows we see and stories we hear, but the truth is that men would get so much farther if they just admitted they screwed up and asked for forgiveness. Even better if they really mean it!

4. humagaia profile image57
    humagaiaposted 7 years ago

It is our way of compensating for our inability to live uo to the standards that women place upon us! We are unable to placate women when they get it into their heads that they own us sufficiently for them to believe that we have done something "wrong". We only do it for those that we feel we want to placate. For those that we can no longer be bothered to placate we walk out the door and let them get on with it. Be thankful that your man thinks you are worth placating. Be sure that you do not think he has done something wrong too often. Eventually he will find an open door and walk through it. He does not need the aggravation that you place on him when he "does something wrong"!

5. Kelley Harmon profile image72
    Kelley Harmonposted 7 years ago

I actually think a gift is a nice thought. In my experience, it always comes paired with an apology. "I'm sorry." is nice.  "I'm sorry, here are some flowers and that ____ I remember you mentioned you wanted." is even better.

I mean, let's face it, females don't typically do that sort of thing. Heck, when we're in the wrong, a guy is lucky to get an apology. But that's just my experience. Guys don't typically have the patience to hold the kind of grudges we hold.

6. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

For the same reasons that women think they can buy you things when they've done something wrong, simple.

7. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Would you rather they just told you "tough"?

8. suny51 profile image56
    suny51posted 7 years ago

men are  ashamed of saying 'sorry',although want to say it,and avoid to admit that they have done some thing wrong,well most of them if not all,so the best way they know to amend the things,they take you out for shopping.