jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why Should Women Mature Earlier Than Men?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Why Should Women Mature Earlier Than Men?

2. MMMoney profile image63
    MMMoneyposted 7 years ago

Women begin to mature faster than men. This is true due to the earlier change in hormone levels of women. While both men and women can potentially hit puberty in the same age range (9-14), women have statistically experienced an earlier increase in estrogen and progesterone. This increase in hormones has a direct effect on both their physical appearance as well as their socio-emotional growth

3. Enelle Lamb profile image87
    Enelle Lambposted 7 years ago

Because somebody has to do the thinking...

4. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Please tell me  - exactly when DO men mature?

5. profile image60
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

Why SHOULD women mature earlier than men? I've never heard this question phrased quite that way. But I suppose because women give birth. And women are still primarily responsible for raising children. For this reason, women need to have the social skills and education to instill good values and morals in young children. Every child needs a mentor to look up to and, at least in the early years, this is the mother.
       To answer ptosis' question, there are mature men out there. It depends on where the woman is looking. But bad habits die hard. And women (and men) keep making the same mistakes over and over.

6. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 7 years ago

Just to throw one more thing into the mix, we all start out as women in the womb - maleness is a 'mutation' of the original so maybe that's why. Sorry, but I couldn't resist it. :-)

working