jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

It is said that 'opposites attract'. i believe similarities bring you closer. Wh

1. profile image44
    umme javeiahposted 7 years ago

It is said that 'opposites attract'. i believe similarities bring you closer. What do you think?

2. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

Overall, I agree with you. The saying "opposites attract" doesn't seem to be based on experience. At least, it contradicts my experience. In a partner, I'm not necessarily looking for someone whose interests mirror mine precisely, but I certainly want to enjoy films, cuisines, and recreational activities together.

I've been married for 29 years. If I hated everything that my wife loved, and vice versa, I don't think that our relationship would have survived. Our joint pleasures bind us.

Yes, she enjoys some music that I don't, and I enjoy some films that she doesn't. But the majority of our tastes and interests overlap, which is what makes us a compatible couple.

3. divacratus profile image75
    divacratusposted 7 years ago

I agree with Chasuk. You should have some similarities with your partner, some common interests. Life will be boring together if you don't. I and my partner are very different character wise, but we have some similar interests which include visiting new places and working out.

4. mikicagle profile image91
    mikicagleposted 7 years ago

I think that opposites do attract on a more basic  subconscious level.  My husband and I have been married for 22 years and we each tend to have strengths where the other doesn't.  If we were able to combine ourselves and make one person-that person would be awesome.  For example: My husband is extremely good looking with average intelligence, I am average looking but very smart.  When situations call for someone to be a peacemaker and smooth things over-my husband is the man to call.  When situations call for someone to be firm and stand their ground, that's my job.  My husband is a realist.  He sees things for what they are and tries to keep us grounded.  I on the other hand am a dreamer and see how things could be. He is very analytical and plans things out, I fly by the seat of my pants and hope that when I land it is somewhere soft.  He is very sensible and street smart.  I lack common sense but am very book smart.  Wow-looking at my answer, I am sure glad that we found each other.

5. ineveryoneheart profile image56
    ineveryoneheartposted 7 years ago

I also think so that similarities bring you closer. Suppose you like cricket and your partner want to watch reality show then you both fight. This is the way it happend.

working