jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

First impression is the last impression, is it really true ???

1. rajivnandy profile image61
    rajivnandyposted 7 years ago

First impression is the last impression, is it really true ???

2. starx profile image65
    starxposted 7 years ago

For me it's not. Appearance can be misleading. 99% cases it's true. So i don't take first impressions for granted.

3. pisean282311 profile image60
    pisean282311posted 7 years ago

it depends..if one is not going to have opportunity to meet the person who formed opinion for more than 2-3 times , it would be true but if one has opportunity to meet often , then this might turn to be false..many of my close friends didn't have good opinion of me during early interactions which they told me later..but if these people wont have met me that often may be my first or initial impression would have been with them for rest of their lives...

4. rajivnandy profile image61
    rajivnandyposted 7 years ago

@pisean282311 ....

so u mean that i can still make an impression or say change the perception of what people think i am ??

5. Hridyapal Bhogal profile image60
    Hridyapal Bhogalposted 7 years ago

Last impression is the best impression for me.....First one is generally crafty and artificial..!!!

6. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

If you are the person considering what others think of you there are some ways around that fact of human psychology. This isn't to say that any such impression is set in stone but impressions can cause initial rash actions that make it harder to rectify any errors in judgement.  If you are worried about someone coming to the wrong conclusion about you you could always utilize the concept of communicatory dissonance.  That is to introduce yourself in such a way as to discredit any impression you might be making at the time.  It will set off warning signals in the person you meat instinctually causing them to distrust any initial impression they may have made and like the animals this tendency imitates, they will watch you carefully thereafter to assess the truth behind their impressions.  I do it to people all the time. It is my form of a defense mechanism as I hate the trait that prompts people subconsciously to make such snap judgements as I often in the past ended up on the wrong side of them.

7. CheapInMadrid profile image59
    CheapInMadridposted 7 years ago

I believe in second chances or being second time lucky.Impressions sometimes stay being only that,impressions,and then come a period of reality!

working