What defines love, and who truly has the authority to judge if someone is too yo

1. Smiles46n2 profile image56
    Smiles46n2posted 7 years ago

What defines love, and who truly has the authority to judge if someone is too young to feel it?

2. yvens profile image61
    yvensposted 7 years ago

This is a question that nobody has been able to answer for centuries.  No one can tell you how you feel, they can explain some sort of feelings and emotions that we experience in the course of our lives, but they can not feel or tell us how we really are feeling or the intensity that we are feeling it; so to try to get close to your question.
    I beleive that love does not have to be pretty and mushy all the time, in fact most of the good solid strong relationships are based on the understanding and aceptence of each others faults, and this can only be achived through time with your partner.
    As for young love well, this is your body, emotions  coming to fluition and by experiencing  this change and being aware of it you are already growing; I am not saying you should go and jump into bed the first change you get; quite the opposite if you really want to experience true love, it come with time cultivated with mutual respect and admiration.
    I hove I have answered your question as close as possible.
    No one inthe World can really answer it, as it may have and almost does have a different meaning to others.

3. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

I agree with Yvens and feel that young people sometimes get love confused with infatuation.

Young people can have strong feelings for others, but their lack of experience means they don't always see the difference between love and infatuation.

Coupled, as Yvens said, with the fact that young people are very often driven by hormones, a growing sex drive and an almost indefatigable need to satisfy it, the young can quickly mistake one for the other, even with the best will and intention.

Their feelings may well be genuine, but may not be love.

As for the authority to judge whether someone is too young to feel love, I don't think anyone has the right to judge one way or the other regardless of the age of either party.

In the defence of those who profess to know "what's best", they are judging from their own experience--the only way anyone can with a subject such as this--and relate the feelings of the young to the way they and others around them acted or felt at that age. As to whether this constitutes actually "knowing" what really is best for the person or people concerned, well that's another matter.