jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does your mate have to know EVERYTHING about your past or are some things better

1. lilmami10984 profile image55
    lilmami10984posted 7 years ago

Does your mate have to know EVERYTHING about your past or are some things better kept a secret?

2. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

Sometimes its better not to tell them certain things frankly your past is not his problem its the fucture you need to worry about

3. Emissionguy profile image84
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

polite secrets keep the peace. this is why you have a brain. you are able to decide whats better left unsaid.

4. dawnM profile image67
    dawnMposted 7 years ago

I would have to agree that if it is nothing that will ever come up to bit you in the ------ then there is no point in taking about your past especially if there is no purpose to it!

5. kellysgirl profile image66
    kellysgirlposted 7 years ago

Understand this, if you and your partner agree to divulge your deepest, darkest secrets of the yore, then you must be prepared for the reaction. And in relationships, especially new and fresh relationships, that is sometimes an impossible feat.

You think you love this person. This person is your best friend, confidant and lover. This person puts you on a pedestal and twirls you around till your heart spins with joy and passion. But all that twirling turns into bat swinging when you reveal the one skeleton they will never be able to cleanse from their psyche.

My advice to couples who want to 'put it all out there' is to make a pact; whatever is said about the past is not held against them in the future.

And trust me, this is easier said than done because the human mind is a beast when it comes to ridding the psyche of deplorable images of you and the mail man - or lady - whatever the case may be.

Whatever the decision - just be prepared for the outcome - good or bad.