If there's ONE thing you could change about your PAST,what would it b?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (25 posts)
  1. words cocktail profile image60
    words cocktailposted 14 years ago

Well, not just WHAT, you can also say, WHY would that be 'the ONE thing' you could change about your past? It may be an incident, a behaviour, an attitude, a day or a night..simply anything!

2. rhamson profile image72
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

I would have taken that scholarship and played baseball.

words cocktailposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh! I know how it feels... but
      well, you can't have the scholarship but can you not play any baseball NOW?smile

3. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Nada. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for the good, the bad and the ugly tongue lol lol

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me Too ! lol
      I wouldn't take anything back
      All experiences are Good. Even the Bad ones.

Yeah, Life -in time, teaches us a lot of things and individual experiences define who we are today...for good,better or worse!

Thanks to all of you for responding here smile

4. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Now that I think about it there are a lot of things, but I think the one thing that has stood out in my mind more often than anything else is the idea that every time I've ever listened to someone else, rather than listen to my own instincts (which has not been often) some disaster has happened.

It's usually been a matter of me having some instinct or awareness that something someone wanted to do (and I didn't) was a bad idea.  Then, because I know how I so often stay persistent and don't go with someone else's idea, I've second-guessed my own concerns and done things their way, in order to "reasonable" or "fair".  On those few times when I've done that some horrible thing has happened.  So, my "one thing" would be that I would have gone with my own good sense and instincts 100% of the time - not 99.8% of the time.  hmm  (I've known other people who say the same kind of thing.)

Yeah, I know many people too, who say the same thing...listening to others in their decision making is what they have been regretting!

5. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Hm...
    Maybe I should've gone to modelling instead of legal.
    It's not that I would change that, but it might have been a completely different life (better? worse?) if I took that route..

Oh, the thing I would DEFINITELY change: 3 years ago I should have listened to my heart, not mind. I ignored it completely and deliberately, and kind of regret that.

Sure, lilly smile a different life altogether...interesting!
      & well, you got a chance to live your alter self in writing..isn't it?
      Ride your imagination over how it would have been like if you were a model, contrast it with what you do today & probably write stories!

Awww..!! yikes

6. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

With the benefit of current knowledge, I probably would have done almost everything differently! Of course I couldn't have known that at the time. However, I have no regrets and I have much to be thankful for and so much more to do.

smile yeah, time makes us wise-r probably.

7. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

- never have married
    - spent more time writing
    - laughed more and not taken so many things so seriously!

(sorry did u say just one?)

big_smile I think,the ONE thing that went wrong was actually marriage..
      else, you would definitely have had the time to be writing more and would have laughed more;)

8. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I wouldn't change a thing smile

9. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

nothing. smile

smile Great! Stay the way you are..learning, growing, moving in time.

10. NaomiR profile image77
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I wish I could go back to when I was about 24 and have prevented myself from gaining the weight that I've gained. I know I can lose it, but it would be easier if I could just jump into a time machine and stop myself from gaining it in the first place!

Oh! yeah...
      How the world needs a time machine!?!
      But sure, you can start today Naomi..not easy,I know but TRY? smile

11. monaz profile image60
    monazposted 14 years ago

If I want to go back into the past I would not choose my present job.May be something that leaves a bit more time to do things that I really enjoy doing like creating hubs.

smile I actually smiled reading you!
      hmm..so, you are a banker & now a writer..I wish you a happy journey to a new self of you!

12. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

I think I would have chopped off one of me legs so as not to attract all those darned women everywhere I go.

13. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image60
    Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years ago

I succumbed to the pressures of my sisters rediculing me constantly so I had a breast reduction two years ago.  I wish I had had self-esteem enough to keep what I was.

14. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

You mean...that I can put in print?

15. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

too many things I would change..I have a very "vivid" past, lets put it that way

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)