jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can you really be friends with the person that you have loved or had a relations

1. styles4luv profile image52
    styles4luvposted 7 years ago

Can you really be friends with the person that you have loved or had a relationship with!

2. vinividivici profile image61
    vinividiviciposted 7 years ago

Yes, and It creates no problem as far as you are just friend.

3. triosol profile image56
    triosolposted 7 years ago

Yes. Why not? if it is not creating any problem then its not an issue.

4. Simandra profile image55
    Simandraposted 7 years ago

Yes I think you can, although it depends upon the reasons or way that the relationship ended,.  The friendship though won't happen immediately, it is something which grows with time, especially if you are thrown together a lot by your circle of friends.
    I have several friends, whom I really loved, or thought I loved, who have  became really good friends.
    Although I don't see them as much of them today as I did then.
    Some of these go back to first boyfriends, from school days, until I married.

5. nduka4real profile image59
    nduka4realposted 7 years ago

yes you can be very good friends with the person you have loved or rhad a relationship with!

6. profile image47
    Noondaysnailposted 7 years ago

Everybody says yes, and I agree, as for myself.  It's different for everybody, but I encourage it. 
    The persons involved have to be willing to open they're minds and hearts to the notion that love doesn't have to be conditional.  You can have a deep love with a friend without the whole expected mating ritual.

7. Tom_Radford profile image64
    Tom_Radfordposted 7 years ago

Personally ... no, I get as far away from them as I can and never contact them again, doesn't matter if I was dumped or if they dumped me. When you get dumped you're always hoping that things may go back to being how they were, when you dump someone, especially if you still care deeply about them, it's hard to let them go and even harder to watch them move on with another person. Best avoided in my book!

working