jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it ok to keep a secret from your partner?

1. SIJO1 profile image71
    SIJO1posted 7 years ago

Is it ok to keep a secret from your partner?

2. jdflom profile image78
    jdflomposted 7 years ago

Small little secrets that don't affect your partner are okay to keep from them. Like, let's say you accidentally walked into a wall on your way out of work, I don't think your partner would lose sleep over not knowing that happened.

On the other hand, if we are talking about kissing someone else, hiding money, or a something your partner doesn't approve of, its not a good idea. If they found out, they would lose trust in you, and if they don't find out, the guilt should be eating away at you.

Everyone is different though, and some people don't consider certain secrets detrimental, while others do. For the same of simplifying your life and not having unnecessary drama, it's probably best do minimize any and all secrets that would have that affect.

3. MR.POINT OF VIEW profile image59
    MR.POINT OF VIEWposted 7 years ago

You already konw the answer to that. How would you feel if someone you love was keeping something from you? Is it okay my friend? How can you work things out if you keep it from them that's selfish and unheathy. See you need to get up with me because I want to get deeper on this subject...

4. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

some things are better off left not said but if the secret would change how they see you then your living a lie if you dont speak up

5. Bloghead profile image60
    Blogheadposted 7 years ago

That's fine, as long as your partner is aware of your real sex.

6. triosol profile image58
    triosolposted 7 years ago

I happen to think it is okay to keep secrets, that do not in any way affect your spouse.

We are human, and sometimes we get a bad case of the stupids. Its not just kids. Some of us, are more special in that area, than others, and that is something to pay attention too.

The guilt and ego, man...that can be debilitating, but to satiate the ego, and fess up to someone near and dear...again stupid. Because...it is not always about us.

7. Clara Njekam profile image64
    Clara Njekamposted 7 years ago

I don't think is  ok to keep secret from your partner becouse the day they would found out, it  could  be dangerous. This might even lost trust in a relationship.

working