Is it rude to ask your patner why do they love you?

1. tdebrick profile image60
    tdebrickposted 7 years ago

Is it rude to ask your patner why do they love you?

2. FloBe profile image80
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

I think that is a very real and necessary question. It doesn't mean you are "questioning" that they love you...you just need to know why. If they can't answer that question, then do they really love YOU. Do they really know who you are on the inside--what you like, what you dream about, what makes you laugh, what makes you sad, etc. If they are intimidated by that question, how will you be able to communicate when you face a serious situation in your life?

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

I don't think it's rude but some people may look at it as a sign of insecurity. They may think down the line you are going to constantly "require them to say or do things to prove their love."

Most of us assume a person knows his or her own feelings.
    The only reason we'd ask them to tell us "why" is because we either don't believe them or we're fishing for compliments.
    Another possibility is we want to make sure that we define the meaning of love in the same way.

If one is intent on asking the question the best way to do so is probably while you're snuggling together.
    "I don't want you to take this wrong way but I need to know what is about me that caused you to fall in love?"

Truth be told we can ask any questions we want to if we are willing to ask them in a way that doesn't put the other person on the defensive.

working