jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can abused women build self esteem? This would be a great hub for you to wr

1. Ms Chievous profile image77
    Ms Chievousposted 7 years ago

How can abused women build self esteem?  This would be a great hub for you to write!

Maybe some pointers on self esteem building activities or groups.  Mention support groups, web sites ect..

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I would imagine that females would have the same problems that abused men have in rebuilding self esteem.

3. mfitz profile image57
    mfitzposted 7 years ago

sorry if you asked me and i'm just now answering! i can easily share so very many success stories of women under pressure of various sorts-verbal abuse, to physical, to rape, to violent rape. Gary had a room full of women who were all raped and in two days, GRATEFUL for their lives and experiences as they processed through their events using our work and would not change ONE thing about their lives-you would be so proud of many of them who now host national radio shows, run shelters, one is a counselor-many have dedicated their lives to helping others since they came through so well with the work. we have been fortunate to witness miracles for sure-one lady was MAD at her dad-hadn't spoke to him, seen him for 17 YEARS-within 3 minutes of her "opening her heart" and seeing both sides of life and visiting LOVE for a moment she dissolved her anger and just then her dad called to say he was sorry and loved and missed her-what are the odds? send me an e-mail and see what we can do! thanks, Dr. Mike

4. Chatkath profile image76
    Chatkathposted 6 years ago

So many of us struggle through life with a negative self image, unable to make choices that bring a happy healthy existence. Low self esteem causes one to feel unworthy, more likely to tolerate abuse read more