jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the appeal, if any, of an online romance?

1. poetvix profile image69
    poetvixposted 7 years ago

What is the appeal, if any, of an online romance?

2. Enjol profile image55
    Enjolposted 7 years ago

What happened to the old conventional way? I think its lazy! Get out there! Network! Meet new people! Different places, states socializing events... Spark it up with someone totally different. See what does and doesn't work for you. Learn about other people, cultures find out what interests you lol. Be yourself. Sometimes your true love is right in front of you, you just have to look closer smile

3. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 7 years ago

I met my husband online. I will tell you this. The people I have met online I have found to be more honest than those that you meet on a daily basis. After all, it's easy to cut off communication when there is a disagreement, or in the case they do not like your personality. All you have to do is log off. :-)

4. krishubpages123 profile image30
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

I  heard most of them lie in online about their nature, so its better to see them and romance them live..

5. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I see it as a person living vicariously through the Internet...basically attempting to gain emotionally yet too afraid to cross that line in the face to face world.  I guess some might call that "fantasy", and to a great degree, it is a form of fantasy but it includes real-life players with real-life emotions.  It also includes the fact that all relationships have to go somewhere sooner or later or they dissolve.  For some, their life offers little real emotional fulfillment and they are dependent on others to bring that to them.  Seeking out online relationships fills that void while allowing them to remain at a safe distance.  For others, it is like playing with fire and they see themselves gambling with their own life over something that they feel very guilty about...no appeal there.  There is one other element that prevades this situation...the element of "getting away with it", of secrecy, of privacy...like a child slipping around to play with his daddy's loaded pistol.  It's exciting, it's naughty, and it gets the juices flowing because of it. That's my two cents on it! WB

working