How do you keep that sexual magic alive in relationships?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (61 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

No, this question isn't being asked for me, as I sadly don't have a girl friend at the moment.  although there is someone i like, but we're just friends, for now.  anyway, i just noticed there wasn't too many topics on this issue, so i thought it would be fun to see what you guys have to say about "keeping the sexual magic alive" in relationships.  a person once told me that intimacy with your partner can become routinely boring if you don't change it up a bit like role playing, yada, yada, yada...and such.  I wouldn't know since I never had a relationship longer than a month.  lol.  however, i was just a tad curious.  what do you guys do to keep that o so special magic alive in the bedroom to keep it from getting too routine?  wink

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've never found sex to be boring, especially if you have feelings for your partner, so I reject that argument. I can only speak from the male point of view though and for me, sex is a way of expressing to your partner the feelings you have for her in your heart, that you can't put into words. As long as you have those feelings for your partner, you'll never be bored!

2. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you can't!
      Man is "NATURALLY" a polygamist.
      He was not evolved to be a monogamist.
      Monogamy is a human construct.
      It defies man's genetic propensity.
      Human imagination is powerful!
      If your excitement is dwindling, pretend you are making illicit love to the sexy, sunbathing, thong wearing girl next door.
      Just don't scream her name when ya reach orgasm...Ok?   :-)

1. profile image0
        Miss Takeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but if you are female this fantasy wont work of course.

1. qwark profile image61
          qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MissTake:
          Fantasy?
          Would you pls explain why you use the word "Fantasy?"
          Thanks...

1. megs78 profile image61
            megs78posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, what would you call what you wrote?  You said 'pretend you are making illicit...etc'  That sounds like a fantasy to me...just saying

2. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fantasy? What makes what Qwark said a fantasy, except in your own mind?

The human sexual drive in and of itself is an animal all of it's own. It can pull the weak-minded and get them to do things, some others might deem as immoral or morally wrong.

However, sexual magic as the topic has asked for, didn't mention anything about polygamy. Polygamy is a human term, defined by humans, so as to describe a specific action.

The human sexual drive can be used to have sex with the opposite gender, either for enjoyment or for producing offspring.

Just in case you missed, I opened a thread based on Sex? Please check it out for a better understanding. smile

Just my thoughts. smile

3. profile image0
          Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great advice..wouldn't want to be married to the person who said think of your neighbor and keep it secret....

2. teddi6 profile image59
        teddi6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Qwark...

I know I would be hurt if I found out that the man I was making love to felt the need to think of another woman while making love to me, I think the average woman would be a bit scorched.

I would hope that the man in my bed finds me sexy and interesting enough to want to be with me and not my thong wearing neighbor. I figure if you have to fantasize about being with another woman in order to be with me, then you need to put your Batman underwear back on and go try to woo that girl in the thong.  I guarantee you she'll be looking for her sexual counterpart in a "juice bar" or a gym. 

As you mature, Qwark, you'll find that sexual attraction is deeper than a "sexy" girl in a thong.  Attraction, and I mean real attraction, comes after time and experiences that bond you. When you find love you won't have to imagine sex with another woman because you won't be able to think of another woman. That woman you fall in love with will fill ever nook and cranny of your heart and mind.

Haven't you heard that grass that is greener on the other side of the fence is often Astro Turf.

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This comes with intimacy...Intimacy is closeness, respect, love and trust..True intimacy feels like spirituality (I'm not talking religion)

4. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

exercise!!!!

5. profile image57
      Beckysbedroomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

YOU Are a Spammer...... I have just Reported You for being deeply in need of a job involving Sex and Travel.. you know F... Off.... sad

6. profile image0
      Contriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

light some candles and put on that special dress he likes...exciting every time!!!

2. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

For one thing, it isn't meant to be kept in the bedroom.  "Sexual Magic" exists outside of the bedroom too, and I'm not talking about sex on the table!  I am talking about cuddling, romantic walks, sharing with each other things that you wouldn't share with anyone else in the world.  In other words, make your partner feel special outside of the bedroom in order to have repeated glorious nights in the bedroom.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, that's some good advice there.  i'll be sure to keep it in mind if i ever need it.  wink lol thanks. smile

1. Rafini profile image83
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yw  smile   lol

3. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

nothing beats a little teasing.
    especially via text. it makes my day to get a quick message while i'm at work. by the time we get together, we're all revved up because we've been trading text messages for hours.

PS no, you can't borrow my cell phone. the auto-fill dictionary is filled with every obscenity known to mankind. we would both be horrified if you read it. tongue

4. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

For married couple, keep up with the national average.

All others, I don't know.

5. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

This thread reminded me of something a dear friend told me once...She confessed she fantasized about 2 men. One doing the dishes and the other the laundry smile

1. wyanjen profile image69
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

Holly! How have you been?

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
        h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doing ok - the cold and rain has my pain levels hovering 6-8 on the pain scale, but I am dreaming of all the flowers popping up in my flower beds smile How bout you? Been thinking about you and hoping all is well smile Holly
        PS I hope you never lose that phone!

1. wyanjen profile image69
          wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If my mother had a flat tire and wanted to borrow my phone, I would say - no.
          Sorry, but   just no.
          I considered writing a hub about post-marital sex. Like, what is appropriate?  (I think the answer to that is- anything!!!)
          lol

I haven't been around a lot and I haven't seen you much, so I was thinking about you. Sorry about your pain... but yes, the flowers are on the way. We're almost to spring wink

2. teddi6 profile image59
      teddi6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha!!! I love it.

My fantasy man takes out the trash.

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Romance must be kept as a vital aspect of the relationship. Otherwise, one or both, lose interest. This is a mutual thing between man and woman. Each are to be a part of each others romantic fun.

They(man/woman) should learn early in life and made to understand that "romance" is the key ingredient to how to build a quality relationship. Both, man and woman, should have grown into the knowing of romance. Some don't have a clue. Thus, they settle.

Just my thoughts. smile

Btw- I did write a Hub about Relationships. And, Romance is the key to the "sexual" aspect of the relationship, not to the relationship itself. Trust, Honesty and Communication are the keys to making a quality relationship.

7. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

anyone else care to share.  big_smile

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah !!  threesome is not my idea of sexual magic big_smile

2. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I bought a book once, which one of my daughter's found and stole from me btw.

It wasn't a raunchy type Kama Sutra, but the oriental one with tips on how people should treat each other. It is a beautifully written volume and I have known friends who actually gave it as a wedding gift too.
      The artwork is amazing and the history of the guy who translated it into English is fascinating.
      Now come and meet Jman, he's currently straddling two forums.

1. Rafini profile image83
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you remember the name of the book?

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
          Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will look it up for you.brb.

Here is the link from amazon. I didn't get it on my ID for amazon, so I make nothing posting the link. It is beautifully illustrated.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0892814411?tag … 1YBQK&

2. Lynda Gary profile image61
        Lynda Garyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kama Sutra "raunchy"?  Really?  Wow. I suddenly feel very ... slutty. LOL

8. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

cook me a great meal and i'll give you a great night...wink

9. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

I've been married 16 years and have never resorted to role playing or anything else. It seems very desperate and canned to me.

What matters definitely is what happens outside the bedroom: kindness, respect, cuddling. A lot of it is spending time together doing things you enjoy so you feel connected when you get into the bedroom.

The biggest thing though is taking care of yourself physically and mentally. Feeling bad about yourself or your partner has to be the biggest romance killer.

And you have to make the relationship a priority.

10. megs78 profile image61
    megs78posted 14 years ago

Yes, taking care of yourself phsically is very important to keeping the sexual magic alive in a marriage.  If you don't feel good about your appearance, you won't be inclined to show it off to your partner very often.  Total sex killer.

AND, have sex more than once a month for Gods sake.  Its healthy and fun, so do it and do it often!  Can't stress this enough...

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

10 toes among other things. big_smile

12. Ben Evans profile image63
    Ben Evansposted 14 years ago

A lot of people think of sex and try to compare it to a norm.  When we aren't keeping up with the others, we think of ourselves as being abnormal or dysfunctional.

The sexual part of a relationship is just that.......a part of a relationship.  There are many aspects to making a relationship flourish. 

When the sexual part is seperated from the relationship, it is shallow and empty.  There is no excitment when everything has been tried.  After all sex is just an act.

It can be apart of a wonderful sharing experience.  Couples need to talk and let the other know what their needs are. 

Some people will have sex several times a day and others will have it once a month but these norms have nothing to do with our relationships.  It is between us and our partner.

We all have a sexual animal inside us.  If we view sex as something seperate from the relationship, we will get bored.  If we view it as a beautiful part of our relationship, it will flourish and the animal inside will feel satiated and never be bored.

1. Deborah Demander profile image90
      Deborah Demanderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First, be nice outside the bedroom. Have fun. Like each other in the rest of our life, play, flirt and tease. Then when you reach that moment, you will already be on the same page.

13. Lynda Gary profile image61
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

I SWEAR I'm not trying to promote my own hubs, but I DO have two hubs on this:

For men:http://hubpages.com/hub/Making-Nice-with-the-Wife-Tips-to-Get-Her-to-Smile

For women: http://hubpages.com/hub/9-Years-of-Marr … at-Do-I-Do

1. Lynda Gary profile image61
      Lynda Garyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

try this again ...

For men:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Making-Nice-wit … r-to-Smile

let's see if the link worked this time...

14. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

what you need to keep 'magic alive in the bedroom' :
    - love/attraction
    - time alone with each other...
    - willingness to experiment
    - confidence in your body
    - clean crisp sheets help
    - And of course, sexy lingerie! wink

15. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

G-string smile

16. profile image0
    Miss Takeposted 14 years ago

the right person,
    the right music,
    the right mood,
    the right timing......
    if all else fails, a few drinks,

17. profile image50
    deviousindianposted 14 years ago

Suprise him with sexy lingerie he likes to see you in! My man loves the lingerie I buy from http://www.seans.us/

18. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

adjust the speed, intensity and the depth of your begging

19. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 13 years ago

You keep it alive by doing lots and lots of foreplay. big_smile

1. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, and there's all kinds of toys you can play with, too!  Don't be shy, if you have a steady partner.  He/'she will loosen up the more you loosen up.

20. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Find one of those rare woman who still knows how to be feminine and get what she wants through being herself - rather than through whining, whingeing, threats, tantrums, sulking, pretending to be eternally sick and other retarded emotional behaviours - and then just be a man in all its strong, gentle, caring and trustworthy masculinity.

1. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have issues, doncha fella?

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes I do - a lifetime of so-called relationships affected by weak women taking advantage of feminist 'freedoms' to cover their lazy nasty but cute a***s!! even when they are treated with equality and compassion.    But I have now found a real woman and all these things are just a distant bleating memory big_smile

1. Sab Oh profile image56
          Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny how problems always turn out to be the other person's fault. The other can go from 'real' to weak, lazy, etc. so quickly...

21. Courtney_CollinsD profile image59
    Courtney_CollinsDposted 13 years ago

Simple: Try new things.

1. Sunny_S profile image60
      Sunny_Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Couldnt agree more and then in a couple of months relive those special moments smile

22. ProfessorProveIt profile image59
    ProfessorProveItposted 13 years ago

Hi Steve!
    It's been awhile!
    Tell the truth, I think it's about trying new things and being open to new ideas.
    Hey!
    It works for me anyway,
    Steve.
    It's about being flexible and yet attentive too,
    Steve.
    Well, how is BC anyway?
    Sure haven't heard from her in awhile either.
    Probably busy--no doubt!

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

idk what happened to b.c. to be honest.  it's been a long time since i heard from her too.  however, i'll be sure to tell you said hi if i hear from her again soon.

23. wytegarillaz profile image60
    wytegarillazposted 13 years ago

by enjoying each others comany , trying to please the other person, be adventourous , http://hubpages.com/hub/Love-Making-not-just-sex has got some ideas

24. akirchner profile image92
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

The same way you keep anything alive - nurture it.  Spend as much time as you can taking care of that part of your life together and you will never have a problem keeping it 'real' or 'alive'. 

In my humble opinion, people have problems because they stop thinking about the important things and get side tracked to doing other things - or just lazy about things that they should not be lazy about.  Before you know it, you can find yourself in a rut.

So be spontaneous, be open, and love like today was your last day on earth.  With that in mind, you can't go wrong!

25. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

This is very interesting to me b/c I'm falling head over heals for someone I've never met.  We've just been talking and texting for several weeks.  He lives where I'll be moving in a few weeks.  We actually had sexting (or whatever its called) It was great.  We didn't talk dirty, we texted dirty thoughts and pictures.  FUN!!

26. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I always wave my magic wand at my mrs and the magic just happens! big_smile

1. Fluffymetal profile image75
      Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where do you buy those?  I need one.  Or maybe this guy has one....hmmmm

27. ediggity profile image59
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Forget the magic wand, I just use the magic stick.

1. Fluffymetal profile image75
      Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMAO

2. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I just use my wangdoodle!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)