jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it possible for High School Sweethearts to have a lasting marriage?

1. Marie Louise profile image72
    Marie Louiseposted 7 years ago

Is it possible for High School Sweethearts to have a lasting marriage?

2. profile image0
    Dchosen_01posted 7 years ago

Yes, they have more chances of having a lasting relationship, because they have known each other when both are still young. Even if they might not be in a relationship throughout their high school days, at least there is the great possibility they might have known each other even from a distance.... I feel the longer the courtship, the more the probability of knowing each other and hence a better marriage, and high school sweethearts tend to spend more time in courtship. This is my own candid opinion....

3. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 7 years ago

Maybe Yes may be Not, because statistics shows that in western countries particularly in the US, almost 90% of married couple end-up in split-ville. .

4. profile image58
    RosaryBposted 7 years ago

Yes, high school sweethearts can have a lasting relationship.  We remember our high school romance decades after we graduate from high school, having married someone else.  So young love can definitely last.

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

As it is known to happen, yes.
    Any marriage falls or thrives by the thoughts and deeds of both parties, in all cases, it has nothing to do with background.

6. niceandcool profile image60
    niceandcoolposted 7 years ago

yes, as long as love really exist from the very start of their relationship and as long as they know how to handle their marriage.

7. Treasuresofheaven profile image70
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

Yes, I know of a few.  My aunt and uncle.  A pastor and his wife.  There are some out there.  You learn and grow at the same pace.  The advantage is, the greater possiblity of innocence between the two.  I know of a gospel recording artist who just produced a movie, "Blessed and Cursed", he stated that he and his wife had dreams in their high school days.  He told his then girlfriend that he dreamed of producing a movie and she agreed, and they've been married thirteen years today.  A couple recently in the news stated they had been married 75 years.  It's possible!!!

Closed to reply

working