How old were you when you got married?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (42 posts)
  1. your cybersister profile image59
    your cybersisterposted 12 years ago

How old were you when you got married?

How old was your spouse?  Did it work out for the two of you?

2. profile image0
    marellenposted 12 years ago

I was 29 and my first marriage and it was my spouses second, he was 35. No, it didn't work out. We were marrried for 6 years.

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

I was 23 and my husband was 25. We've been married for 5 years now, but together for 12. We were high school sweethearts. A happy marriage and two kids later, we're still together smile

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

I was nineteen, he was 21 and we are still married 40 years later.

5. WannaB Writer profile image87
    WannaB Writerposted 12 years ago

I was 21 and my husband 24. We are still married and will celebrate our 47th anniversary on June 20.

6. michelemacwrites profile image60
    michelemacwritesposted 12 years ago

My first marriage did not work out.  I was about twenty years of age and in no way, shape or form ready to settle down.

7. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 12 years ago

Well, I am not married yet at 19, but i would like to get married before i'm 30, but not in the next 5 years.

8. mommyneal6 profile image69
    mommyneal6posted 12 years ago

I was 23 and my husband was 24. We r born in the same year but I hadn't turned 24 yet. We had 2 children before we got married and have had 2 more since. It's been 5 years, and it's a struggle, it's something we are constantly working on. I'm not sure where I will be 10 years from now, but hopefully much happier for all the hard work put in.

9. mtkomori profile image88
    mtkomoriposted 12 years ago

I was 27 and my husband 30. This is a little bit later than "average", at least that was the case in Japan when we got married in 1993. My parents were married at the same age as we, but in their days, it was considered quite late.

10. sam3m profile image61
    sam3mposted 12 years ago

i was 20 yrs. old when i was married.  my wife was 21.  we began dating when i was 12.  realizing that 50% of marriages end in divorce, i began, early on, saving for a possible divorce.  after 49 years i've saved almost $14.00.

11. FranYo profile image59
    FranYoposted 12 years ago

I was a single (and lovin' it) mother at 29, married at 32.  My husband was 36 when we married and it was a first for us both.

Twenty-five years later and we're glad we both waited to the point of truly knowing ourselves and each other before marriage.  And, we're glad we lived together first -- advocated for both of our kids, too!

12. Gypsy48 profile image76
    Gypsy48posted 12 years ago

First marriage, we were both eighteen, lasted thirteen years. Second marriage, just celebrated 25 years.

13. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 12 years ago

I waited till I was 26 when I got married. We are only 7 months apart.

We are still married after 20+ years ...still growing strong as each day passes by.

14. onegoodwoman profile image70
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

15..........My Grandpa "showed" me how to forge the documents, that  he or my Dad would not sign.

Still married to the same man, just a couple of  years older than me, 35 years later.

I have never thought of divorce..........murder, from time to time, but never divorce.
    He, too, has had his moments........

15. Clairepeek profile image59
    Clairepeekposted 12 years ago

I was 32 and he was 43... a precious day ^_^

16. dragonlady1967 profile image69
    dragonlady1967posted 12 years ago

I was 21 and he was 22.  Though it was my first marriage, it was his second.  We were married for 20 years, before I had enough of the infidelity (him) and other stuff.  It could have left me bitter, but I am actually happier now and look forward to remarrying 3 years later to man who thinks a lot like I do, morally and generally.  My ex, however, is still living the way he likes to live and that's unfortunate for any woman he chooses to tie the knot with next.

17. CeLestialCameo profile image81
    CeLestialCameoposted 12 years ago

I was 23, he was 28 and it lasted 15 years. Unfortunately he never loved me and I am so lovable! I am happy now with my current husband.

18. Krysanthe profile image91
    Krysantheposted 12 years ago

I was 28 when I got married and my husband was 38...still married today, so yep, guess it did work out.

19. feenix profile image56
    feenixposted 12 years ago

Which time?

Seriously, I have been married three times and I was 28 when I got married the first time; 35 the second time and 39 the 3rd time.

Yeah, three times in 11 years. Does anyone have a problem with that?  :-)

20. Loveslove profile image60
    Lovesloveposted 12 years ago

I was 20 the first time and my hubby was 21 we were married for 7 years and 1 day
    The second time I was 28 and hubby was 28  we have been married 35 years this september.

21. profile image0
    lcbenefieldposted 12 years ago

I was 30, my husband 42 when we got married.  That was 5 1/2 years ago and we were only given six months to last since we got married within 7 weeks of meeting each other.  Being married is one of the hardest things I've ever done but it is so worth the effort.

22. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 12 years ago

I was 21, my wife had just turned 20. Best day of my life. Actually, I take that back, the best day of my life was when my (future) wife introduced herself to me a few weeks after my family moved into her street, when I was 16.

We've been married 41 years; I'm still so in love with my wife I actually wrote a Hub about it (!). Not a saccharine sweet story; more about how we've gone about not letting the inevitable differences and challenges get in the way of staying true to yourself, and in love.

And happy, at least most of the time...

23. Miss Paula profile image40
    Miss Paulaposted 12 years ago

I was 25 and my husband was 21! we have been married for 18yrs.

24. mom0f2 profile image69
    mom0f2posted 12 years ago

I was 25 and he was 27, still married 6 years later been together for 12 now.  2 little ones a son who is 4 & daughter who is 2

25. CharlieNikhole profile image61
    CharlieNikholeposted 12 years ago

I was 19 and my husband was 23, I got married because I got pregnant.. My husband cheated, lied, and after losing the baby at 5 months I left. 2 days later he got picked up for being a registered sex offender and not registering (I had no clue) He is in jail and our Marriage is being annulled because it is considered fraud. We were married February 14, 2011. Needless to say, I will not be getting married again for quite some time.

26. JulieStrier profile image71
    JulieStrierposted 12 years ago

My first marriage I was way too young, married at 21, divorced by 23. But, it put me in the place I needed to meet my current husband. (This is his first marriage.) I was 26 when we married, and we've been married for 6 years (tomorrow is our anniversary). I'd say it's working out. I couldn't imagine life without him.

27. Ehnaira05 profile image61
    Ehnaira05posted 12 years ago

Never enter my mind at the moment, I'm on reaching my dreams and marriage can wait but the door which was open right now in my priority in life.

28. ithabise profile image71
    ithabiseposted 12 years ago

I'll probably be somewhere in my 40's! (On target - LOL)

29. karwoo profile image61
    karwooposted 12 years ago

I was 25 when we married and have been married 23 years. it is still a work in progress. We still argue over the same things

30. luckpages profile image59
    luckpagesposted 12 years ago

I am single still and i will marry when i will be the age of 28... i like that age for marriage and when i will be of that age then i will marry.... i think i have no concern with your question but at least i want to marry that's why i replied..

31. wellspoken profile image60
    wellspokenposted 12 years ago

I was 19 and my husband was 21. We got married in the court house and stayed married for 9 years and divorced. It didn't work out for us. But since the divorce we have become best friends.

32. prektjr.dc profile image73
    prektjr.dcposted 12 years ago

I was 20 and he was 24.  We were married 1 week short of 15 years.  I left before our 10th anniversary and the divorce was final just before our 15th anniversary.  We had only known each other a month before we got married.  I have 3 awesome kids from this marriage, so no regrets!

33. joyfuldesigns profile image68
    joyfuldesignsposted 12 years ago

I was 19 years old (and not pregnant).  We lasted 28 years, but divorced last year.

34. justateacher profile image84
    justateacherposted 12 years ago

I was 17 and he was 21 the first time I got married....it lasted over 20 years and then I had enough of the abuse and left him. At 44 I married the man I am with now (he is the same age). My now guy treats me and my adult children very well.

My older sister was 14 when she married her husband...over 30 years later they are still together with three children and four grandchildren...

35. daisyf1305 profile image75
    daisyf1305posted 12 years ago

READY???? I was fifteen and I am now 36 and still with the love of my life...

36. Bobri Dobri profile image66
    Bobri Dobriposted 12 years ago

I was 22 and my husband was 25.. Still happy together!

37. profile image0
    Daniella Lopezposted 12 years ago

First marriage I was 19. He was very abusive so it didn't work out. Second marriage I was 21 and so far it's been bliss. smile

38. brittanytodd profile image89
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

My husband and I were both 21.  I come from Hawaii, where it is common to get married young.  His family grew up in Seattle and they gave us a lot of guff for wanting to get married "so young."  Not having their support put a huge strain on our engagement and we even considered eloping.  However, we were confident in our love and desire to get married that we went through with it and even his parents decided to come.  We are happily married and are glad that we did not let others determine our future for us.

39. rjsadowski profile image70
    rjsadowskiposted 12 years ago

I was 54 and my wife was 39. We have been married for 18 years and every year it gets better.

40. tosha11 profile image61
    tosha11posted 12 years ago

I was 17 years old. We had know each other for seven years. Dated for three and was engaged for a year. To this day I have no regrets on marrying him!

41. profile image0
    ThomasRydderposted 12 years ago

The first time I married I was 19, and didn't have any more business being married than flying a space shuttle. We moved on shortly thereafter. The second time, I married a lunatic (didn't know that until we were hitched), and was miserable for a number of years. Married my wife last year and we are so happy I'm expecting the police to come to my door any minute. We are soul mates and it's forever. The third time, as they say.... smile

42. Shawn Scarborough profile image67
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 12 years ago

My wife and I got married 8 years ago.  She was 30 and I was 35.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)