jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why are more and more people becoming Homosexual's?

1. Robertbloggert profile image69
    Robertbloggertposted 7 years ago

Why are more and more people becoming Homosexual's?

A study I heard recently made a suggestion to, higher amount of soy products as a possible reason for a growing trend of more femmenet traits in men. This seems odd however as it offers no explanation to a growing lesbian trend, So why does it seem there are more Homosexuals?

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
    Hestia DeVotoposted 7 years ago

I don't think there are any more gay or lesbian people now than in the past.  It's just that now it's safer and more acceptable to admit to being so.  I think there were just as many homosexuals before, they just didn't come out and say so.

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I'm going to have to go with Hestia DeVoto here...I don't think the number has increased at all. There is far more tolerance and acceptance for different lifestyles now than there was before, so it's a lot safer for people to be able to make it known, as well as a lot of people to explore the option if they're not sure. Check the statistics in countries where homosexuality is illegal or otherwise seriously persecuted -- those percentages will be far smaller than places like the US or some parts of the UK, but those stats are based on who has been arrested or "treated" for it rather than people who can openly share that information without negative repercussions.

If it's all about the media and parents teaching "unnatural" notions about sex...how do we explain ancient Greek society, and its rampant homosexuality and bisexuality where there were no TVs and the vast majority of people couldn't read or write?

4. angel115707 profile image60
    angel115707posted 7 years ago

I think its increasing, and not just tolerance...its pressure, whether people want to admit it or not, from grade school we are pressured now, to consider it an option, to be "open minded" and try it.
        I can say that all of my friends who got too deep into "homosexuality" which is usually bisexuality (notice they usually fell in love w/ the opposite sex first, got heart broken etc) go on a downward spiral of self guilt and despair, confusion etc...no matter how much people want us to evolve, our minds are still programmed to know what fits, and what doesn't... you cant plug an electric cord into the same type of end etc... but we are manipulated, deceived, and pressurized to the point of combustion to try it  and all of my friends who got into it in high school, poor things, they are a mess.... and shame on all of you adults who push these poor kids into it... you need to be institutionalized for child abuse!

5. RevLady profile image60
    RevLadyposted 7 years ago

I agree with Treasuresofheaven. But, we are also witnessing more diseases associated with this lifestyle and other risky behaviors. Love and peace!

6. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Maybe because it's more accepted in society thesedays and more people are able to experiment with their sexual preference without feeling so much shame or guilt about it. Or it used to be hidden more often then it is now, where it's discussed in many circles without raising an eyebrow.

Closed to reply

working