What causes people to be homophobic?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (135 posts)
  1. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 14 years ago

What causes people to be homophobic? What can be done to tackle homophobia?

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

By "homophobia", do you mean (hatred of) or disapproval of homosexuals,OR HOMOSEXUALITY?
      There IS a difference. Just in case it's not obvious!
      In the light of that, The Bible does NOT teach (hatred) of/for homosexuals (the person), but condemns homosexuality, the "lifestyle".
      It's in the same list as any/all other "sins".

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really? How about this from the bible?
        "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Now that is the reason for homophobia! smile

1. aka-dj profile image65
          aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As a former Bible scholar, you ought to know, we are living in the New Testament era.
          You spend WAY too much time quoting from the OT.I guess that's where you find stuff to "support" your (twisted) views and opinions. hmm

2. profile image0
          poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are sad really sad why do you mis quote scripture, when you don't believe it

3. rhamson profile image72
          rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That could be an argument in the old testament.  The idea of homosexuality in ancient times was dealt with by mosaic laws.  Some of these ancient laws rival those in muslim beliefs in their severity.

Many things that were taught in the old testament were done so to protect the unknowing from fates they could not understand because of the lack of scientific understanding.  You have to understand that some of these people were having sex with animals and their lack of hygiene was unbelievable.  Another thing was the wars had a very great affect on their population.  Whether it was through experience or God inspired writting the practice of homosexuality was not a healthy or logical way to maintain the population.

On the other hand Paul in the New Testament greatly condemned the practice as a spiritual separation from God and forbade the practice stringently and emphatically.

I may be wrong but other than marriage as the key to relations between a man and a woman Jesus made little mention of it. Maybe a few bible scholars in here could make a reference where Jesus directly forbade homosexuality.

1. kerryg profile image84
            kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus didn't mention homosexuality directly at all.

He was pretty down on divorce, though, so maybe instead of complaining about gay marriage, conservative Christians should be campaigning to ban divorce!

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You misunderstand the passage.  Did you pray before reading it?  If you do not trust in God to help with your study,you will frequently misunderstand verses.  I read your quoted verse after praying and God helped me with the correct translation.

"Put to death" in this case refers to bringing the F***ers into the loving arms of the church where they will be blessed by the presence of those who obey God's rules willingly. 

In this wonderful modern age; filled with the bounty of God's technical innovations, actual physical attendence in a church is not even necessary.  The same salvation is available through the holy airwaves by way of televangelism.  The same level of cash donation is of course required, (see, God has made me smart enough to anticipate your question).

I pray that you will open your heart to this wisdom, and avoid the eternal suffering that comes after a life lived with logic, reason, and other heretical practices.

5. ladyjane1 profile image70
          ladyjane1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats interesting because the bible says we need to pluck our eyes out if a man lusts after another women other than his wife, so why is homosexuality any worse than lusting? The answer to this question is IGNORANCE!

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quite right dj.

Just the same way us atheists do not hate believers.

We just hate their ridiculous, irrational, war mongering, hate festering, two-faced, judgemental beliefs. smile

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perception and not having a clear understanding. smile

3. profile image0
      thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this
        weblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, what about it?

4. chambersgirl21 profile image59
      chambersgirl21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

what causes people to be homosexual? Why are we the ones who are to be tolerant? I am not rude to people who are gay and I do not treat them differently but I still do not agree with the choice they  made. It sounds to me that they are the ones who have the problem not us.

They are still people and I treat them as that, doesnt mean I have to agree.

Are you sure it's a CHOICE?

1. chambersgirl21 profile image59

Well I sure dont believe its genetic. big_smile

You don't believe, that's it!

2. tantrum profile image59
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sometimes it's a choice and sometimes it isn't
          If you're born that way it's not a choice.
          If you decide to have different sexual experience with people of your same sex, then it's a choice.
          And some people are bisexual,because they sexually like both genders.

People are not born gay.

1. tantrum profile image59

sometimes it has to do with hormones.
              didn't you know ?
              and sometimes babies are born with both genders and they're called hermaphrodites

2. weblog profile image57

How can you tell that? Just because you don't believe? lol

Tell me how can you tell people are born gay. seriously. Theres a gay gene? or how about when your bisexual is there a gene that just couldnt make up their mind as to what their preference was? That is ridiculous. They choose their lifestyle. sorry.

Or how about a gene that makes people kill, rape and hurt people. Is there one of those too?

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Is that the same as being gay?

Not that any Christians would kill rape or murder. lol

Child abuse? OK - fair game huh? .......

Yeah, sorry. You believe what you want to believe, not bad smile

3. rhamson profile image72
                  rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if it is as ridiculous as you say.  Do you like vanilla ice cream or chocolate?  If you like vanilla is it because you think that it is the best choice based on the natural way people prefer taste?  If you like chocolate is it because it is better than vanilla because you believe it is an acceptable cultural offering?

No you like what you like because you like it. Pretty simple when you get down to it.

Now if you put a lot of religious and social pressure on top of it maybe you can learn to be happy with the other. That is a choice.  Maybe not a happy one but one you have to live with.

That made me giggle. big_smile

4. ladyjane1 profile image70
                  ladyjane1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My son is gay and I noticed it when he was around 4 or so, he started showing some very effeminate signs. He certainly couldn't have decided at that age that he wanted to be gay. Why would he want to be the target of ridicule and discrimination and sometimes violence? Why is it so hard to understand that boys are born with not enough testosterone and lesbians with too much? It's not that hard to understand.

1. Sa Toya profile image83
                    Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree that some people are born gay. There is no gay gene but like you said differences in hormones that cause attraction to the same sex.

People are homophobic because of lack of knowledge fear ignorance.

Like racism- why the need to hate other races.

Another reason for homophobia is religion.
                    I believe in God but I believe the God I love and believe in would tolerate hate- he said to love your neighbour your friend and fellow man.

From a religious point of view being gay is a sin....yet everyone in the world is a sinner- so we should be able to get along...surely.

Homosexuality/Lesbianism is nothing new...it's been around for YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS

I don't get homophobia I know many gay people and they are just human, normal like straight people.

Anyways homophobia stems from the hate/vein that racism etc. comes from. Close minded, self righteous people who think they are better than everyone else and that standards must be theirs only.....

It also stems from those with gay tendancies- I know a few guys like this.

Yes, I was trying to understand why would some people be afraid of(or dislike) homosexuals.

Because they are ignorant.

5. profile image49
      adragonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its a learned behavior! There is no doubt about that! It could be observed as well as taught. However, there has to be an external influence or idea to create these feelings. In general society and religion play a significant role. There is power in fear.
      However, no one can make you homophobic. They can attempt, but ultimately the choice is the persons. If the person is ignorant and weak. The chances are they will follow the group in fear of being different. Education and awareness. Removing the fear and ignorance that allows this to foster. Encouraging people to think for them self. The idea someone would want to debate this, yet feel they have rights and people should respect them as such. Is beyond ignorant!

Look were someone "100% heterosexual and secure in it". Where would the threat be!  There would not be one. So there would be no issues! People that are homophobic will always have a reason.
      Its usually not "their" reason. Do you think "homophobia" is something a independent, intelligent free thinking person would consider! Look a the hypocrites that stand in front of thousands of people and preach this! Why do they do this? Money and power. Ultimately, then it trickles down.
      That's the bottom line!

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Learned behavior"?

Really.

When you have a family member who is gay, who, finally commits suicide because they despise themselves for being gay, because they wouldn't wish it on their WORST homophobic enemy, you still think it's about a learned behavior?

For having so many answers, you appear to know nothing at all. I think the reasons are far more complicated than you or I realize. And I don't think a prayer, a blessing, or a casting out of any evil spirits is going to help. When you see a loved one suffer with this, and you would do anything to remove it from them, you get a better picture of what it's like. Until then, you are left to your own ignorance and assumptions on the subject.

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think gays are the problem, I think readjusting religious and social concerns for a minority group is a problem.

2. motricio profile image69
          motricioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excuse me, but no one even a gay person will commit suicide unless he or she is not comfortable with him/herself. Has been fighting against family and friends to get accepted and after all, no good results were achieved. Feels loneliness and sadness and there is no turning back at all.
          I need to deal with so many problems due to my dual sexual instincts, indeed is very hard to me but I won't commit suicide if I can be happy. Is all in my heart and my mind.

I think both of you have no idea what is that, so please stop arguing about suicide.

6. profile image0

Gay people. Everybody be straight.

7. terced ojos profile image60
      terced ojosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ignorance.  Humans fear what they can't control or understand. They fear God, the Devil. They feared the "savages" and their Gods.  They fear "black people"..people with bones in their noses, people with tattoos and piercings. Fear is taught.  Like any prejudice or stereotype you generally get a very myopic view of a particular people or lifestyle. To some degree it's human nature but in western civilization homophobia has been taught like racism; something to be feared and abhored.  Let's face it if some guy  or girl were having relations with someone of their same gender; had I not been taught that their actions were somehow deviant, dirty or evil I would most likely not think in those terms.  Like children and racism.  Babies could care less what color you are.  They respond to who you are; oh they can see that you're a different color but absent the indoctrination of prejudice and racism they judge you according to how well or how ill you treat them.

Education is the key.  Knowing homosexual people. "see..homo's are just like us..they breathe air and they bleed...they cry...they worry...they have favorite colors and they love their families and hate some of their family members too...."...LOL...yeah well you probably got the point already.  In the scheme of things local and global there's a whole lot worse things someone could be doing other than having sex with someone of their same gender. I think we should spend more time on figuring out why our prison population is exploding; we are creating career criminals unnecessarily. People who will at some point victimize someone we know.  Now there's a topic for discussion.

8. treasuresyw profile image60
      treasuresywposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most times people are homophobic because they do not understand. It makes some fear not knowing. A great deal are just judgmental because of moral and religious beliefs. And then there are those who feel that if they embrace homosexuality then they will have to deal with their own inner feelings. Fear!
      One of the things that I feel is that we should simply let everyone stay in their way. Everybody has a thing. Get to know people for who they are. It's not easy to let go of your convictions but it can help some to change their spots. But some will always be who they are. Hey, naysayers have a purpose too!

9. Lesbian_in_Hiding profile image54
      Lesbian_in_Hidingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i've heard some people are homophobic because they've been melested or raped by a homosexual...and i'm definately going to add that the bible..and the whole godly thing defianetly plays a huge role in people being homophobs also.

2. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The bible teaches it, so I guess only education will solve the problem. People need to stop applying religion to moral beliefs.

1. motricio profile image69
      motricioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are absolubtly rigth cool

3. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 14 years ago

I agree religion is one, but the only cause?

1. Siotosh profile image60
      Siotoshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The same reasons that cause them to be racist Islamaphobia, religionophobia, Obamaophobia hate for anything different without understanding. Within G it is practice but many pretend it does not happen. They don't even speak out against the abuse or children within the churches. It happens with in all faiths, but it is always easy to look at others than to look at ourselves.

Gays don't criticises Gays, Christians criticises Christians at the end of the it is human insecurity it has nothing to do with religion

1. profile image0

Words of wisdom from the guy who forgot to close his bag of coke before he sneezed.

4. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I think it might be fear of enjoying or acting upon repressed curiosity but I could be wrong tongue

5. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

As With ANY Fear.... To gain an understanding: One has to cease denying that the source (or root) of the problem; lies within an actual experience, or (a closeted) wish not to experience the thing that is said to be feared lol

Wow.... That's what I'm saying too DS smile

6. Dame Scribe profile image56

Nothin like great minds wink PD

7. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

Yeah, i think the problem is that being gay has been taboo for so long, that now that you have so many people coming out of the closet, so to speak.  Which makes society a bit uncomfortable since its still kind of a new concept.  You have to remember it was taboo for inter racial dating to take place between a man and woman, a few decades ago.  Now its becoming more common where more people are starting to accept it.  Same thing with homosexuality.  Sure, its taboo now, but it'll be more accepted as time goes on. 

Having said that though, I don't think some aggressive homosexuals help though when they try to convert people that clearly like being straight.  At the risk of incriminating myself, I've been straight my entire life.  I've never once thought about being with a guy as I find the idea gross and disgusting.  However, I do respect anyone's right to be gay if that's what they're into.  In fact, I have a lot of gay friends.  However, each one understands my one rule with them.  If i have acknowledge and respect their right to be gay, then they have to respect and acknowledge my right to be straight.  Which means as long as they don't try to convert me, i won't try to convert them.  I don't think that's a lot to ask for to be honest. 

however, i do run into some guys every now and then that flat out don't want to acknowledge this rule, even after i tell them about it.  this is where it really freaking annoys me.  In real life, im a very shy guy around girls that i like.  However, one gay guy that i worked with, thought it was because i might've been a closet homo.  when i politely tried to tell him that's not the case and that im just shy around girls.  although, i did mention i was flattered by his interest, but i just told him im not into guys at all and then went on to explain my rule to him.  now one would think that saying that in a calm and polite way, would make anyone understand.

boy was i wrong.  in fact, not only did he constantly hit on me every single freaking day, he also had the indecency to mention what he does sexually with other boyfriends he's had in the past.  my thoughts are is this.  i don't care what goes on in a man's house behind closed doors as that's their business; not mine.  however, i don't want to hear about them at all, especially at work when im trying to do my job.  unless your a hot girl talking about sex, then I could give two cents to a rat's a** what you want to say about your sex life. keep it to yourself, and we'll get along just fine. 

anyway, sorry if offended anyone here, but i just thought i'd put in my two cents.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And straight men never do this?
      How many times have I been told to dump my boyfriend or husband by some loser who just doesn't get it, I would not want to be with a "home wrecker" even if I was unhappy in my current relationship.

Homosexuality is not a new taboo, new taboo's don't usually turn up in ancient text such as the bible. I guess that people have a hard time with homosexuality cause it does not seem natural, not easy for baby making. I think its natures way of limiting our baby making as we do tend to multiply and spread like some sort of virus, one of natures way of thinning the herd.

8. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

I imagine it was probably due to a traumatizing experience.  I saw Poltergeist when I was a kid and now I'm scared of clowns.  Maybe homophobes were really creeped out by a Queen concert movie and things got out of control?

9. Dame Scribe profile image56

Now now MK wink lol deep breath, calm thoughts, calm thoughts, lol

LOL

Oh - I am not angry. That is not even what I think. That is what it says in the atheist's hand book.

So - I can say these things and not have to accept any responsibility for them.

10. Dame Scribe profile image56

lol I shouldn't be in this topic since I fit neither dress wink lol

11. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

their socialization and misconception, religion also

12. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

big_smile

13. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

homophobia, is about the sufferer.  They are unhappy and are looking for someone else to blame.  Scapegoating and using others as emotional punchbags for their own inadequacies.

1. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well-spoken, yet again. big_smile

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

1. profile image0

big_smile

1. profile image0
            shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or is that sheepgoating? x

1. profile image0

Hmmm, now there's an image..... big_smile

1. profile image0

is that a sheepgoat beard I see you parading? *avatar*

1. profile image0

I guess this pic is too different from the original lol

Where are the sheep ? I'm hungry ! big_smile

2. profile image0
      TMinutposted 14 years agoin reply to this

THIS is what I dislike about homosexuality. I am not homophobic, I have no phobia. I dislike people being retarded, crippled, or born with two heads too - something went wrong biologically and to act like it's good, healthy, normal and everyone should be happy about it is ridiculous.

Thinning the ranks of human population is a good thing since there are so many of us on this earth I suppose. Homosexuality running rampant seems indicative of our reaching a critical point which is upsetting. But I've also read of homosexuality being more likely after a mother has 'hosted' several males in her womb already, antibodies work on the baby. What the heck THAT'S about I'm not sure, nature's way of ensuring male and female balance in a family?

14. Himitsu Shugisha profile image72
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years ago

Let's just be honest here. We can talk about socialization and the bible and all that blah, blah, blah, but in reality some of the reasons why are as follows. When AIDS was introduced in the 80's it was described a gay disease, which was wrong, but that's how it was labeled. Gays are portrayed in the media, particularly by high level preachers from the pulpit as low standard, no moral, child molesting deviants. We are told as parents to keep our children away from them. In the military we had the, “Don't ask don't tell policy”. Because hey I can fight with you as long as I know you're straight, but if you're gay how can I focus on the enemy if I know that you're focused on me? - Again ridiculous. During an election not 10 years ago an entire campaign was centered on why homosexuality was destroying the fabric of the American family. And these are just a few examples. It's sad that as heterosexuals, we can't disagree with the lifestyle without being disagreeable and hateful toward other human beings.

15. TINA V profile image69
    TINA Vposted 14 years ago

Homophobic or homophobia is a social and psychological reactions to lesbians and gay that may be construed as an irrational expressions of fears or dislike.  It may derived from the following conditions:

1.  Based on Experience - it may be caused by a person's past interaction with homosexuals

2.  As Defense Mechanism - it may be a projection of one's internal or inner conflict of homosexuality

3.  As an Ideology - it may be linked to one's perception of himself/ herself in reference to his/ her family background, environment, social networking or groups

Just for additional information.

1. dingdong profile image57
      dingdongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great!

16. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

ignorance, insecurity and conceitedness, failure to understand other human beings too

17. LOT2DO profile image41
    LOT2DOposted 14 years ago

Cause.. Could that be fear that human race will end up like at a stage nobody can reproduce? lol

18. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

And since I'm generally practically-minded, I agree with rhansom's thoughts too:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Many things that were taught in the old testament were done so to protect the unknowing from fates they could not understand because of the lack of scientific understanding.  You have to understand that some of these people were having sex with animals and their lack of hygiene was unbelievable.  Another thing was the wars had a very great affect on their population.  Whether it was through experience or God inspired writting the practice of homosexuality was not a healthy or logical way to maintain the population.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

19. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Um, okay.

roll

What this means is - religionists are not actually homophobic - it just appears that they are. If you read the bible often enuf - this can be interpreted away to be "scared that you are a sinner and concerned for your eternal well being." wink

Not homophobic at all. No sir.

Thank You smile

20. helot profile image57
    helotposted 14 years ago

Fear.  Fear of their own sexuality, and fear of things they don't understand.  Fear of having to deal with something unfamiliar.  Fear of being outcast via association.

1. profile image0

fear is a weapon of mass destruction.

See my blog..

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Change-t … estruction

21. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

chirp..chirp...chirp....

22. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

ignorance and lack of understanding

what do you mean ignorance......there the ones who are confused and dont really understand their role.

23. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

Hmmm.... lets see, maybe it's the fact that the human anus was not designed to have a penis or anything else stuffed up it for fun,it's unhealth and spreads disease, plus it can cause severe damage if my homosexual friends 'glory storys' are to be believed.

Fisting seems a mite extreme gesture of love as well, and frankly trying to make me accept homosexuality as natural when I know it's not is a bit of a turn-off as well.

So given that this is what I think, I guess I'm going to be called homophobic, but the reality is I don't really care what homosexuals do to each other, it's their business, but in the same way that my wife and I keep our sexual antics private, and don't expect anyone to close streets so that we can organise Hetro Pride Marches, I don't expect that simply because homosexuals are in media and other high profile professions that we should have their homosexuality shoved down our throats... and ain't that a bad use of words!

Guys and Gals, just do what you want, you will anyway, so do it, but do it with some decorum, try not to frighten the horses and stop trying to persuade a disbelieving world that what you do is normal.

It is not normal

24. Len Cannon profile image88

Nothing is normal but rutting between a hole in the sheet while praying for forgiveness.

25. Len Cannon profile image88

It's pretty great when its a dozen skinny blonde chicks wearing a nothing but nipple tape and hot pants though. That's what GOD intended.

26. profile image0
    oldenuf2nobetterposted 14 years ago

the fear that they're one of them.

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's about it in a nutshell. Kids in their teens desperate to put together their identities including their sexual identity can be very scared to discover homosexual elements in their makeup. And given that homosexual elements are entirely normal, that is a lot of fear haunting the teen years in illiberal cultures.

27. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Actually this is one of those things I have never been able to figure out or understand any deeper than the obvious.  Sorry sad

28. dfunzy profile image62
    dfunzyposted 14 years ago

Ignorance

29. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

and fear.

30. profile image51
    newbloggerposted 14 years ago

i believe and have come across it myself to be semi-fact is that they themselves are "gay" or interested

31. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

If I am to be honest I will say the following, I think homophobic is a word that is politically motivated by Gay campaigners, I personally am totally uncomfortable with two men having sex.....but as far as I am concerned what they do in the bedroom is their own business, yet I have no problem with two women having sex, what does this make me.....when I was at University as a mature student I campaigned for and put in place a Gay and Lesbian officer on the Student Union Executive, I faced much opposition and was abused for taking this stand, however, I believed there were people in the student body who were feeling marginalised and discriminated against....does all of the above make me a homophobe....

32. seyi afara profile image60
    seyi afaraposted 14 years ago

good

33. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

Agreed. It stems from childhood and atmosphere. If the parents, teachers, neighborhood a person grew up resisted homosexuals it is natural the child will eventually feel the same way.

To fix it, probably make 1 gay friend. That'll be educational/beneficial for tolerance.

34. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Gay people. No gay people no problem. So tell your gay friends to straighten up and fly right!

35. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

I could honestly care less if a person is gay or not.  As long as they don't try to hit on me, or try to convert me, then they can have all the gay sex they want.  Just don't involve me or tell me about it because I really DON'T want to know.

36. NewYorker profile image57
    NewYorkerposted 14 years ago

A psychological theory says that those with phobia for homosexuals have repressed homosexual feelings lying there somewhere within themselves.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you might be right about that.  because i saw a documentary fairly recently that showed that most politicians whom are strongly trying to ban gay rights and marriages are often gay themselves.  therefore you might have a valid point there.

2. profile image0

Let me get this straight, if you think the gay lifestyle is pathetic then you're gay, what?

1. NewYorker profile image57
        NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. Doesn't work that way. REPRESSED feelings about homosexuality.

Everu guy, at some point in his life, usually in the teen years thinks about another guy .. differently. Those thoughts happen to EVERY guy during the curiosity phase and you wonder what it's like giving a blowjob or something. This is the most normal thing in the world. Except some guys overreact to this and repress all those feelings and thoughts somewhere deep down causing them to build up some sort of a hatred towards those who lean against homosexuality, aka. Homophobia

See? smile

1. profile image0

I have never wanted to helmet wash anyone ever, ever. You had those feelings when you were young? Where are you from?

1. NewYorker profile image57
            NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any sexual feelings towards the same gender, not just a blowjob or something. Any sexual feelings. EVERY guy gets those. If you didn't have any, you don't have a libido.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)