what does it mean when my livin boyfriend has not got a divorce. She left him a

1. profile image44
    Kimmers69posted 7 years ago

what does it mean when my livin boyfriend has not got a divorce.  She left him and they have a...

child thats with her he sees every other weekend.  Please help I feel that I can't give him all of me and my devotion when there is baggage that is included.

2. purpleangel47 profile image60
    purpleangel47posted 7 years ago

Honestly? If you are LIVING with a man who is still married, you have set yourself up for an eventual heartbreak. And whether you realize it or not, you're ALREADY giving him all of you because he's living with you. He's got the best of both worlds: he can have a vacation from the responsibilities of being married and enjoy playing house with his girlfriend at the same time. And by letting him live with you, you've accepted all of that. So you ask ..... what does all this mean? If you even have to question anything, it means that you need to figure out what happiness really means to you. Good luck girlfriend.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

It could mean he is not interested in getting married again or it could mean he doesn't want to spend the money/put in the time to go through the whole legal process. (Men can be lazy in matters such as planning a wedding or initiating a divorce)

Recently there was a study that determined (women initiate divorce 66% of the time!) That's 2/3rds!
    Apparently men are not only hesistant about entering into marriage they're also hesistant about filing for divorce.
    I've personally known couples who have lived separate lives for over 20 years without legally becoming divorced.

The bottom line is if he "wanted to get married" again he would divorce his wife. However I must admit most people are in no hurry to re-marry after going through a divorce. It's pretty much a "been there, done that" kind of thing. It's even more difficult to consider if there was a steep financial price to pay, heavy drama during the split, or kids being turned against a parent. "Once bitten, Twice shy".