jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the difference between being in love and love when in a relationship?

1. Heart Felt Book profile image79
    Heart Felt Bookposted 7 years ago

What is the difference between being in love and love when in a relationship?

2. Syrusv37 profile image90
    Syrusv37posted 7 years ago

I'm not really sure what you mean by that question because it's a little vague. You can be in love with someone and not be with them. You can love someone as a friend, and only be, well, friends with them. Love is complicated and it comes in many shapes and forms. Being in love with someone means that you want to be with them, and have strong feelings for them. Love in a relationship can be different. You can have relationships with friends, family, co-workers, etc. Relationship is a broad term and generally means a strong interaction between two people. Romantic relationships however, mean that you're involved with the other person due to romantic feelings you have for them. So being in love is one thing. Loving someone as a friend or a brother or sister is another. You just have to know exactly what type of love you're feeling.

3. iamnotfrancis profile image55
    iamnotfrancisposted 7 years ago

hi again heart felt book! You should read Scott Peck's The Road Less Traveled. There is a section there about love. He defined what love is. if you want I can send you a copy I have them on my computer. send me a PM! smile

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

I believe, being in love comes when both parties connect due to commitment as well as share the same feelings.  As for love, I believe that is when you genuinely love someone whether its intimate or platonic unconditionally.  They don't necessarily have to feel the same or Love you back.  The Love is there consistently once the individual is appreciate and respects your Love.

working