jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the difference between loving someone and being in love with someone? Wh

1. dmoney4god profile image61
    dmoney4godposted 5 years ago

What is the difference between loving someone and being in love with someone? Why?

2. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 5 years ago

Well, this is only my opinion but here goes.  Loving someone means just that, you love someone.  They may or may not love you.  I've always viewed being in love WITH someone as meaning the love you have is being returned.   Of course, I'm sure there are those that would disagree.

3. michememe profile image77
    michememeposted 5 years ago

Loving someone is just that love. We all have this emotion the ability to love. Being in love is a deeper a connection with someone, something that you feel for one person. We can love many people, but we can only be in love with one person at any given time.

4. thertastore profile image37
    thertastoreposted 5 years ago

Always being in love with someone.. because if you love someone but he/she loves another person then it hearts a lot..

5. alexatomas profile image65
    alexatomasposted 5 years ago

For me, loving someone is a deep care for a person. It can be your parents, your partner, etc. Being in love is the butterflies in the belly, it's the attraction, it's the passion. Just my opinion...

6. rosa michelle profile image57
    rosa michelleposted 5 years ago

Loving someone is showing your concern and caring for the person in nice ways, while being in love is the supreme most feeling.
    Also, (I think) loving someone is voluntary where you can opt out of it when you want, but being in love is not optional, you feel it for a person and you just can't help it.

7. JRScarbrough profile image90
    JRScarbroughposted 5 years ago

Loving someone does not necessarily mean that you like them and want to be around them 24/7. YOu care deeply for them but you have your own life to live and must go out and live it.

Being in love is not being able to be apart from that person for long periods. You want your life to be lived right near theirs.