jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long after a break up of a long term relationship should someone wait before

1. Bel Marshall profile image61
    Bel Marshallposted 7 years ago

How long after a break up of a long term relationship should someone wait before entering the...

dating world again?

2. Mr. Thinktank profile image78
    Mr. Thinktankposted 7 years ago

There really is no perfect time, but I would say the longest time you should wait to get back in the dating game is around a year. Although it really depends on how you feel and the circumstances of your previous relationship.

3. Bel Marshall profile image61
    Bel Marshallposted 7 years ago

Thanks Mr. Thinktank.  I do agree there isn't a perfect time but I do find that some people get started too soon while others never ever get out.
    1 year seems like a good point to step back and notice that you haven't gotten out in the dating world and start making steps towards moving forward.

4. A la carte profile image59
    A la carteposted 7 years ago

You get stuck in there when you feel comfortable...there is no time...might be a day (personally I think a little short) or a year (personally a little long)..truth is...you will know...as I said..when you feel right about it ..it will happen:)

5. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Start dating straight away if it makes you feel good, just don't take it too seriously too soon, give yourself whatever time you need to get over your breakup before you jump into the next serious relationship.

working