jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does this make me a horrible person?

1. bellawritter23 profile image76
    bellawritter23posted 7 years ago

Does this make me a horrible person?

I did something I shouldnt have done. Maybe like an email to someone I shouldnt have. I said some hurtful things, but it made me feel better. I am a bad person for doing this?

2. The Suburban Poet profile image83
    The Suburban Poetposted 7 years ago

It doesn't make you a bad person.. it means you might have done a bad thing (I don't know what you said). You should apologize and try to understand what made you do something that is now causing you guilt. We all have negative feelings towards others. It's normal. it's your reaction that counts.

I always say that in a year nobody will remember how you felt but they will remember how you reacted. You might remember how you felt but it won't be burning on the inside like it was. It will almost seem like you are watching a movie when you think back on it. Think about things that might have angered you long ago. Are you driven by it now? Have you gotten over it?

Remember the future and it will guide your actions today. Preserve the future. Don't let a moments anger destroy who you are. And don't let other people control your emotions. You control your emotions. Don't give that away.

The mark of a mentally healthy person is the ability to accept present frustration for a future gain. Deferring your anger or diffusing it somehow is the present frustration. The future gain is the avoidance of regret and personal growth. Plus you won't have hurt someone either.

3. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 7 years ago

I dont think so but, hold on and let me check my inbox to see if I received an email from you recently. I might change my mind if the email in question was sent to me.

4. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

This question reminded me of the movie where the woman killed a guy and at the end her friend said, "it's not as if you killed somebody."

The movie is S-L-O-W but has a GREAT ending. Joe Mantegna went down cursing his killer.  The movie is "House of Games" with Lindsay Crouse, Joe Mantegna, Mike Nussbaum, Lilia Skala, JT Walsh, Willo Hausman, Karen Kohlhaas, Steven Goldstein,

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

We all say and do things we regret sounds to me like your being way to hard on yourslef if it bothers you this bad send an email to say your sorry i dont know you or your situation but based on the little bit of info you have provied no i dont think your a bad pearson just be carefull what you say or do you feel guilty if you were a bad pearson you wouldnt feel guilty give yourslef a break

6. awoodog profile image57
    awoodogposted 7 years ago

No it doesn't make you a bad person. We all do things at the spur of the moment, some of it we regret later on. Nobody is perfect. If you later feel it was wrong to do it might be a good Idea to say sorry, but if it is how you feel, you have a right to say how you feel.
    Take care of yourself.

Closed to reply