Is love worth dieing for?

1. elordmayor profile image55
    elordmayorposted 7 years ago

Is love worth dieing for?

i've struggled with that very question, especially having been an advocate for " Any eye for an Eye"  for many years. It made sense to me that if somebody set a home ablaze, that their home would in turn be torched, and I didn't understand what was meant by "an eye for an eye makes the world blind."

2. profile image0
    Yarightposted 7 years ago

Love is worth dieing for in my opinion.

I love America, I will die to protect it.

Take this example that I heard a while back.

A married man, and women are waiting for the train at the station. When all of a sudden the woman slips, and gets her foot stuck in the track. Trying everything they can they can't budge that foot. Then they hear the train coming down the track, and knowing that the husband can't free his wife; he holds on to her tight. They hold each other, and wait for impending doom. All they want is to have one more second, just one more second, with their love.

This is a true story.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

According to those who believe in the bible it's written, "For god so loved the world he gave his only begotten son"
    This would lead one to believe that love is worth sacraficing a life for. However I'm incline to believe that love is worth living  for.
    With regard to an eye for an eye.
    I think seeking revenge is an instinctive thing to want to do.
    However it's not always the best approach to take.
    If two people are stubborn and determined to avenge each hurt the other inflicts after a while they will have lost sight of what is really important. Thus an eye for an eye makes the world blind.
    Sometimes the  best revenge is to move on to bigger and better things.