Is a life without love worth living?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)
  1. JDeAngelis profile image59
    JDeAngelisposted 13 years ago

Is a life without love worth living?

How important is love in your life?

2. CannyGirl profile image40
    CannyGirlposted 13 years ago

I think love is important in life whether we realise it or not. Everyone loves something or somebody. Family or friends or even the family pet. However, if you are talking about relationships only, then I would say it is very important but we do not get to choose as and when we love.

It is something that comes from the heart and we have no control over it. Therefore while love is important, sometimes we have to make the decision to get on with life without it.

3. youmeget profile image65
    youmegetposted 13 years ago

Life and Love are inseparable. When you begin to loose love you lean on life, and when you begin to loose life you lean on love.

4. yiasa profile image61
    yiasaposted 13 years ago

NO......but of course that is if you understand the proper meaning of love

5. Darknlovely3436 profile image71
    Darknlovely3436posted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Grief-is-the-pr … y-for-love

we need fresh air, oxygen to breathe
    these should be our greatest and deepest need,
    however, to love yourselves shouldn't be a task
    and never accepted the consulation price,

Have you ever visit an orphanage, and see the babies in their
    crib, no one to love them  or even one hour of being held to be fed, because of the condition of the place
    however, someone might still say, their life is worth fighting for....

6. ChristineVianello profile image62
    ChristineVianelloposted 13 years ago

More then you could imagine. It keeps me going.

7. Claudin_Dayo profile image61
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

My world would cease to revolve in it's orbit without love on it smile
    life without love would be hell, really .. . even Sigmund Freud believes that we indeed need and crave for love

8. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 13 years ago

one does not live without love,.... one meerly breaths.

its the difference between life and breath.

9. cobrien profile image60
    cobrienposted 13 years ago

According to the Bible, if you don't have love, you have nothing.

10. philirodje profile image61
    philirodjeposted 13 years ago

Living without love is like body without head, it is impossible. to live without love.

11. ooopsss profile image61
    ooopsssposted 13 years ago

there is no life without love... everyone needs love from a newborn child to an old fellow...its human nature that we need love ,care and affection.

12. revmjm profile image88
    revmjmposted 13 years ago

Life without love is possible, but it's an empty existence. A person is breathing; therefore, he is alive. However, when love is involved the person is ALIVE!

13. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 13 years ago

I don't think so. There are all kinds of love. We need love in our life because I think it is part of our human DNA. The type of love is not the issue. As long as something motivates us to go to the next level or we get a reward from someone or something that no other person or thing can give us. Love is like a spark plug. It makes us move forward.

14. arb profile image77
    arbposted 13 years ago

Life without love is empty existence like the rock, it exist but it does not live. It can only wait until it no longer exist.

15. JDeAngelis profile image59
    JDeAngelisposted 13 years ago

these are all fantastic answers. I believe that life is worth living without love but it would be an empty life indeed.

16. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

If you are talking about a relationship without love, then get out of that relationship.. it will kill you emotionally.  It is not healthy.  You are better off alone than stay in a relationship without love.  Will your life be worth living if you are alone?  Yes, you have yourself. If you love yourself, then you can survive.  My husband of 26 years passed away a few years ago.  I felt dead myself.  He was my love my all.  I might as well been dead because that's how I felt.. dead.  But I chose to live because my kids needed me.  Yes, life is worth living even if you are alone, but you have to have a purpose in life.  But first things first.. love thyself.  It's the first step in realizing life is worth living.  I hope this helps a little.

17. maria.rose profile image40
    maria.roseposted 13 years ago

Love is important because without it life has no meaning or purpose. As Frank Tebbets says "A life without love in it is like a heap of ashes upon a deserted hearth, with the fire dead, the laughter stilled and the light extinguished." Love allows us to be more and do more than we could ever accomplish without its power.

18. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

What a curious question. At what point in our life do we decide that life should not be worth living? After losing someone, or a disappointment or loss of some kind? A break up?

Love is important to us all. We should not decide to just give up. Think of what we could be missing...

There is family, friends and friendships. There is random chance that things may change for whatever reason without us controlling it. There is hope. smile

19. sehar qureshi profile image56
    sehar qureshiposted 12 years ago

yes there is life exist without love called friendship. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)