Do you believe in Love at First sight? Or in second sight?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (32 posts)
  1. kingphilipIV profile image61
    kingphilipIVposted 11 years ago

Do you believe in Love at First sight? Or in second sight?

2. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 11 years ago

I do believe not only in love at first sight, second sight ... but also at the last sight.

3. profile image0
    Virgo908posted 11 years ago

What could be thought of as love at first sight would be "attraction at first sight" -- love needs time to develop and knowing the person a bit more helps...

1. debbiepinkston profile image76
      debbiepinkstonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!  Many marriages end in divorce with people who claim to have loved at first sight.  They might have thought "Wow! I want to marry that woman" because of her exterior beauty, but that quickly takes a backseat to the person's personality.

4. stricktlydating profile image85
    stricktlydatingposted 11 years ago

Yes! I believe in both!  Love at first sight - When you see someone and you know you just adore them!  And second sight - You know you just adore them once you get to know them.

5. LauraGT profile image86
    LauraGTposted 11 years ago

I believe in "luv" at first sight, but "love" takes a little longer.  Sometimes luv and love can be found in the same person, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the same thing!  Unfortunately, it means people think it does! Love requires actually knowing someone, caring deeply about them, and sharing mutual affection, respect, friendship, and attraction.

6. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image62
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 11 years ago

Yes, I believe love at first sight.That thing you could feel someone for someone.

7. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

No, it is impossible to love something you know nothing about. Lust at first sight, yes. Love at first sight, no.

8. Ellandriel profile image76
    Ellandrielposted 11 years ago

I believe in a big connection, in feelings that somehow we always known the person.
    Not by seeing her.
    But when spending a few hours we don't want to leave and we keep thinking about him, yes, I believe.

Happened to me.

9. greeneryday profile image69
    greenerydayposted 11 years ago

Anything is possible, the first, second, third, fourth, and so on, love comes in an unexpected patterns, so better be prepared and don't be afraid to embrace love, as it is the most wonderful thing anyone should have.

10. karthikkash profile image83
    karthikkashposted 11 years ago

I don't believe in love at first sight. Most times what we think as love, is actually just attraction/infatuation. Yes, we may think of that person for a while, we may "feel" that connection and we may miss them. But what happens if you don't see them for a long time? Does it still remain the same? That may be a good measure to find out if it is love or not. There are lot of things that come into play when you are truly in love with someone. Do you really feel all that when you meet someone the first time? Do you really feel that you want to spend your entire life with them? Do you really feel that you will accept them for what they are? Even if there is a small doubt, that means it is not love.

Also, two of the key ingredients of love are understanding and trust. No relationship can last without these two. And I don't think either of these can be gained as soon as you see someone. It needs time to develop.

Love in second sight.. Possible. If you have really spent quality time with that person  when you met first time.

11. soconfident profile image71
    soconfidentposted 11 years ago

No really thats just attraction. Once you get to know a person then you'll be able to tell.

12. jennshealthstore profile image80
    jennshealthstoreposted 11 years ago

I think that sometimes we just know and could feel a strong connection with somebody the first time we meet them. We can feel very attracted to a person at first sight a strong chemistry at first sight, but love, real love comes with accepting a person for good and for bad, knowing and trusting a person. That cannot happen in an instant. Of course feeling that connection could cause the relationship to grow to that point, and like I said, you can meet a person and say I know this a person I could love, but of course that will come with time.

13. epigramman profile image61
    epigrammanposted 11 years ago

..yes I had this feeling both times when I saw her sitting there in her dress with her beautiful smile - and it has continued everytime I lay my eyes upon her since that first day ...... lake erie time 9:09am ontario canada

14. Insane Mundane profile image58
    Insane Mundaneposted 11 years ago

How can you "love" something you don't know?  Love is something that grows over time...  Many folks mistake "love" for infatuation, attraction and good ol' sheer lust!  Which all of these things are fine, but if I replace those words with 'love' then I'd be loving all kinds of babes that I don't even know; get real...  Ha!

15. anupma profile image67
    anupmaposted 11 years ago

For me, if you really love someone, then you see and fall again in love with him/her. Of course the person is same.

16. divacratus profile image86
    divacratusposted 11 years ago

In several sights smile It takes a lot of meetings to fall in love with a person.. for me at least..

17. jellygator profile image90
    jellygatorposted 11 years ago

I think people throw this phrase around a lot, but it's misleading. I do know that I experienced a strong and unusual connection to my husband the first time I met him. I was nearing 40 years old and had never found myself feeling immediately bonded to someone or tongue-tied around a man ever before. When he turned me down for a date, I went on to date others, but that... "something"... was a continuous sense that all was good, that he would never harm me, and that I was on his mind even if he wasn't showing me.

It's hard for me to call that lust.

So I've concluded that LAFS is possible but extremely rare.

1. Insane Mundane profile image58
      Insane Mundaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think people throw the word 'love' around a lot, and don't even know what it is.  It's always funny to hear how deeply somebody is in love with "something," then to hear them tell "it" how much hate they actually have.  Yep, there is always luck!

18. sandus profile image60
    sandusposted 11 years ago

no i am not.. its not love, it is only an attraction to the opposite sex

19. Rosana Modugno profile image72
    Rosana Modugnoposted 11 years ago

Yes.  And I was a skeptic until it happened to me. 

I had just started working at this company and saw him walking by, we looked at each other and whatever it was, gripped me and never let me go. 

It was as though I knew everything about him.  Even his name sounded familiar to me.  When we were finally introduced and he shook my hand, I felt an incredible rush that only intensified when we got together. 

I too thought this is just infatuation or lust but when we separated for a year, I went on with my life and he went on with his, there was never one day or night that he was not in my thoughts.  The pain of not seeing him was incredible.  I found it very difficult just to smile sometimes.  But we never lost contact and he always felt so close. 

Finally one day, he showed up at my door unexpectedly and when he told me he had felt the same way, I knew whatever this was, was not lust or infatuation, we at this point become very good friends but it reached another level. 

If this is not love, then it needs another word because I never felt this way for anyone in my life and I am no spring chicken.

1. debbiepinkston profile image76
      debbiepinkstonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing your story, I'm curious to know how many years you have been together now?

2. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image62
      Deepak Chaturvediposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I liked your story try to keep that candle lighting as you love each other by God grace and according to His wish.May your love alive till your last breath!

3. kingphilipIV profile image61
      kingphilipIVposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing your story to us my friend.. smile

20. alphagirl profile image77
    alphagirlposted 11 years ago

Yes and NO. I think much depends on what you are drawn to about that person.
    It may just be a fleeting moment, something about what you see is causing you to go aflutter. Sometimes it is instinct. I think it is possible. Good luck.

21. Marketing Merit profile image94
    Marketing Meritposted 11 years ago

I believe in lust at first sight...true love takes a little longer! wink

22. Johnjfernando profile image59
    Johnjfernandoposted 11 years ago

I never really had the personal experience myself, so I'd lean towards no. But, quite a few have said yes in a recent survey that was done by a Univerisity in the U.S.

23. DaveysRecipeRead profile image60
    DaveysRecipeReadposted 11 years ago

LauraGT hit the nail directly on it's head with her answer. Why say more? You can't love who or what you don't really know.
    And knowing just who that person is who you think you love can really only happen over the course of time. But why not enjoy the ride in all of it's phases without giving any phase a certain label? Even puppy love can be fun, can't it?

24. debbiepinkston profile image76
    debbiepinkstonposted 11 years ago

I have heard people talk about love at first sight....but I'm thinking they are actually referring to "attraction" at first sight.  Love requires us to really know the heart of the person, to know how they view life, how they treat others, what their goals are, and how they feel about things.  I don't think we could know this much about a person upon first seeing them.  It takes time and a lot of communication!

25. carolp profile image78
    carolpposted 11 years ago

I believe in Love at First sight because it happened to me. I have written a hub about it and it is based on my experience.

26. AnnaCia profile image77
    AnnaCiaposted 11 years ago

Not love at first sight, not even second.  Attraction could begin early as we know each other, but love is a strong feeling.

27. Globetrekkermel profile image63
    Globetrekkermelposted 11 years ago

Now that I am older, I don't believe in love at first sight. When I was younger, maybe I believed in love at first sight which is normal as you are very idealistic but when you get older , you  see the reality of it over time and your  your perception change.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)