jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who are some of your role models and what makes them stand out?

1. Knowledge Ninja profile image75
    Knowledge Ninjaposted 7 years ago

Who are some of your role models and what makes them stand out?

2. Nolapete profile image85
    Nolapeteposted 7 years ago

My role model is my friend's dad.  He's an a ex-fighter pilot, dad, granddad, business owner, community leader, and all around man's man.  He is a real person with integrity and his word means something.  In this day and age of lack of backbone and self-serving, it's great to have someone to look to as an example who stands for something.  He's been through a horrific illness that has crippled his body, but his spirit is stronger than most people who have perfectly healthy bodies.

3. beebong profile image64
    beebongposted 7 years ago

Actually I admire pioneers who invent and then make a business and a real difference to everyones lives: Marconi, Honeywell, Brunel, Bell and Edison; they all invented and made technologies that we use today and what an astounding difference those few people made.

4. EllenDean profile image81
    EllenDeanposted 7 years ago

Aung San Suu Kyi, who was recently released from house arrest (after 15 years) in Burma, is an amazing role model.  She's a Burmese opposition politician standing up for her people against the Dictatorship currently in control of her country. She founded the National League for Democracy (NLD), trying to promote freedom,  and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991

She continues to strive for the independence of all Burmese people. She has demanded international attention to help aid her countrymen, and though little action or help has been provided by any specific country (probably because of the fear of fighting with China or Thailand), she has still inspired millions of people who just a few years ago didn't even know what Burma or Myanmar even was.  Her perseverance and bravery is commendable - she is certainly one of my heroes.

5. home witch profile image82
    home witchposted 7 years ago

One of my role models is JK Rowling. She started out writing in cafes to become one of the world's best loved authors.

working