What should you do if you find your brother in law is lying but you dont want to

1. Vanmil profile image58
    Vanmilposted 7 years ago

What should you do if you find your brother in law is lying but you dont want to hurt your sister?

2. Smaridge01 profile image78
    Smaridge01posted 7 years ago

If it's something small and innocent, don't worry about it, we all have out secrets, even in marriage.

If it's something really important, that might hurt your sister, or that would cause her anguish to learn about, then you have to find a way to get it out in the open.

If it were me, I THINK I would start by talking to the brother-in-law and telling him that you know, and that he has to correct the matter and then tell your sister. It will hurt your sister for a while maybe, but it would hurt a lot more later on to find out that you knew too and didn't care enough to do something about it.

Either way though, there is always a chance that she won't take it well, and both the brother-in-law and your sister will end up mad at you. Sorry, but it just gets that way sometimes.

3. Mistress of Spice profile image39
    Mistress of Spiceposted 7 years ago

Vanmill white lies are healthy when trying to save a difficult situation.

On the other hand, we hve no knowledge to this personal problem, as your question is a bit unclear.How bad is the lying? If you feel this needs to be communicated to your sister, then I feel you need to discuss this with her with all fact, taking into consideration that this might call for support, as your sister might find the accusation disturbing.

If your brother in law is doing the white lye to save a situation and you feel it will effect your sister in long term, suggest you approach him and make him see that whatever he is doing , he means well, but still not good.A quick fix is not the answer, they need to sit through and you can mediate and try to come up with a much more problem solving act.

goodluck with this issue..
    mistress of spice

working