jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do to get someone off of your mind?

1. Nicholas Wells profile image59
    Nicholas Wellsposted 7 years ago

What do you do to get someone off of your mind?

2. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

Well with anything person or incident that I want off my mind, I throw myself into music, and dancing! I just start dancing around, with my daughters, and laugh!

3. profile image47
    MsReneLeeposted 7 years ago

The fastest way to get someone off your mind, is to fill your thoughts with something that is more fulfilling, such as volunteering your time in the community, excersing, reading a good book or enjoying the company of a great friend.

If none of these suggestions work, then ask yourself is this person worth spending time thinking about?  Remember you are in control of your thoughts. Think on things that will enhance your state of being not hinder it.

4. Smaridge01 profile image77
    Smaridge01posted 7 years ago

From the little bit of reading I have done regarding enlightenment and simplicity, the answer might be not so much to get them off your mind, but rather to work them through your mind.

The idea is that if you just run away and distract yourself instead of dealing with it all now, you will carry it all with you for longer and deal with it later when you least expect it. Worse yet, issues not dealt with now may taint later relationships.

Good luck!  big_smile

working