jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you prefer a break-up to be done via phone, email, text, in person, etc.?

1. profile image0
    SnowRoseposted 7 years ago

Do you prefer a break-up to be done via phone, email, text, in person, etc.?

2. exquisitestill profile image59
    exquisitestillposted 7 years ago

I would definitely have to say in person if possible, at least over the phone. We are adults it would be the mature thing to do.

3. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Definitely in person.  I think breaking up with someone over the phone or via email or text is just plain rude and insensitive.  I will never to do to anyone, so I hope nobody does it to me.

4. lilibees profile image59
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

Face to face is always the best way to go, I think it is more respectful of the other person!

5. garyrockzzz profile image57
    garyrockzzzposted 7 years ago

Personally, I would prefer to break up in person. A text, mail or phone might sound too insensitive. Be gentle, breaking up is not so easy. The person at the other end may run out of emotions.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

There's a preference?

I guess "in person" might show the person had some respect for the other.  But it would depend upon the situation.

If you really wanted to be mean about it I suppose a text message would be best.

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

It doesn't matter.

We don't have a say in how people dump us!
    That would be the ultimate controlling demand.
    The person doing the dumping gets to pick how and when.
    Your responsibilty is to accept it and move on towards healing.

If someone doesn't want to be with you hearing it in person is not going to make you feel any better about having your heart broken. "Closure is overrated" It's like asking to be kicked or slapped as they walk out the door. You don't need the drama!

The very reason your ex is leaving you could be the same reason Ms/Mr Right falls madly in love with you.

All you can do is continue to (be yourself) and let the chips fall where they may. Ultmately we are looking for someone who loves and adores us for who we are.

8. AshleyRB profile image59
    AshleyRBposted 7 years ago

It's disrespectful to break up over text, but too dramatic to do it in person in my opinion. So breaking up over the phone is easiest for me. Especially of it's one of those toxic codependent relationships that you have trouble letting go of.

working