jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there anything like a "perfect partner"?

1. divacratus profile image75
    divacratusposted 7 years ago

Is there anything like a "perfect partner"?

Is YOUR partner perfect?

2. jagandelight profile image79
    jagandelightposted 7 years ago

No they are not.
    your partner was perfectly made in God's image, but the only perfect one is God himself.

They might be perfect for you meaning compatibility, certain parts of your partner might be viewed by an individual as being perfect, but one has to be careful not to think the other is perfect, because I'll guarantee you will be dissolution very fast when they do not live up to your expectation of them.
    If you truly have a realistic view of your partner maybe that's close to perfect as you are going to get.

3. Smaridge01 profile image77
    Smaridge01posted 7 years ago

I think the 'perfect partner' concept is another sad way that mainstream media has distorted reality. So many places you look, there are indications that somewhere out there, if we look hard enough, is our perfect partner.

There is no doubt in my mind, there are people who match our likes and dislikes better than others, and so on. But the word and concept of perfection should not be part of evaluating a relationship.  One should never have perfection in mind when looking for a partner.  It's just not fair to put that burden on someone you may come to care about.

4. ravenlt04 profile image65
    ravenlt04posted 6 years ago

A perfect partner puts himself out there for me and truly cares about my needs physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.  My partner is perfect because he truly tries.  No person is perfect.

working