What would your perfect mate be like?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (49 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

Now, wait a second! lol
    What I want to say is,
    What characteristics would a compatible and reasonably realistic be? smile Think hard!! (no pun intended! roll)

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

its tough to say really.  although i will say lot of female hubbers here are quite nice, as i wouldn't mind dating some of them. wink

schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's very sweet smile

hey, did u get the email i sent?

1. profile image0

what email?  the one on exorcisms?

a new one. just now.

1. profile image0

hmm..that's weird. it didn't show up in my email. i might've overlooked it by accident. let me recheck.

ok. Sorry about that. It's no longer as important smile

1. profile image0

are you sure? if you want, i can meet you on facebook to discuss your question. i got time now really.  just look me up by the same e-mail address.  you still have it right?

um, .ok. I will look it up

2. Stump Parrish profile image59
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The problem I face is that everytime I conjure up the perfect mate I run into this problem. I respect and desire intelligence but if she is smart enough to suit me she is smart enough to have nothing to do with me. Bottom line is that my perfect match is too good for me and that sucks.

2. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 13 years ago

My perfect mate would be . . . er . . . perfect.

3. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

a good communicater, and an empathetic personality, not selfish, or mean.....

4. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Mate? Lol strange word. You mean partner, spouse? If so, the one I have. He suits me perfectly. And will be home in a month. Happy frog big_smile

5. couturepopcafe profile image59
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Crazy in a cute sort of way, smart, common sense, a man's man, talented at something, looks good dressed up or down but definately has to be stylish, clean, handy, hunky, poetic, brown hair or blonde with brown undertones, brown eyes, about 5'10, broad shoulders, nice arms, strong jawline and chin, could really like to cook, this would be helpful and creative, maybe could own a Jeep, likes to travel, likes shoes but doesn't always have to wear them, clean fingernails, non-smoker, non-drinker, must love healthy food and lifestyle, would help if he was good at something that I'm not, and some guys really like to vacuum.  This is weird but that could be thrown in as a bonus.  Not too opinionated but good conversationalist, not a flirt or a show-off, doesn't have to prove anything.  Well, that's enough for starters.  Oh, and maybe British.  Aussies are ok, too.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You just described Hugh Jackman, but he is already married

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can I put my order in for what she's having?  smile   Nice list.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...hmmm....don't really have a list

...definitely has to be smart...that's no. 1 for me.....

...and a bit of a dark angel?

7. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Just the way he is..loving, patient, supportive, my friend. I wouldn't think of changing anything about him.. that my spouse for me. smile

8. timorous profile image79
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Smart, funny, down-to-earth, honest, trustworthy, compassionate, understanding, caring, sincere, open-minded, a good listener, supportive, sensible, healthy, in good shape, lovely appearance (of course) and personality, non-smoker, easy-going, likes to laugh a lot, doesn't take anything too seriously, even-tempered, accepts and forgives minor faults and misunderstandings, decent cook (healthy diet is important), stands up for herself..doesn't take any s**t from anyone.   My best friend... smile

That's not too much to ask is it? big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...that's quite a list...but it's all good......do they have to vaccuum too? j/k

1. timorous profile image79
        timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol ..no, I'm certainly not domestically challenged.  I would be doing more than my fair share of such tasks.

2. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

pretty small list Tim... small ask i should say... may be you should... well get her made to order... or what ,.............haaaahaa lol you are cool man!

1. timorous profile image79
        timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah big_smile..I think you're on the right track sofs.  Maybe you could send me an angel, or something close to it lol

1. sofs profile image77
          sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A tall order Tim... good luck  to you ... ( on your never ending search) will try to send one...maybe a goblin for Halloween!!   Haha :Lol:

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...okay...here's my list....LOL!

smart, smart, lover - ohhhhh yea, partner, friend, can cook really good, likes to cook together, financially stable, down to earth, relaaaaxxxxxed, likes to have fun, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc, rides a motorcycle too, doesn't sweat the small stuff, impulsive - hmmmm....that's an asset, etc etc etc, change is not a threat, has lived life, can keep up with me, loves laughing, etc etc etc, wants to experience many things, etc etc etc etc big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

this sounds like a dating ad lol

1. Stump Parrish profile image59

Perfect match dot com sent me to you. Don't ever trust that site again as you can see what the results are. Everything is a match except the financially secure by most starndards.part. My riches are measured in experiences and memories and I feel I am on the forbes most wealthy Americans based on this. I tried the buy a house, act responsible and stay in one place for the rest of your life routine, It didn't work. I have too strong a need to see what's over the next hill to spead my life in a valley/rut/socially acceptable lifestyle..

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

oh yea...i completely forgot.....and not a bible thumper! ...we just wouldn't get along!......could be a good romp in bed tho with all those suppressed emotions and fears  and all that! ....i'd show 'em a good time....the evil side!

Evil backwards is live, I have the uncontrollable desire to evil backwards everyday of my life.

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

tongue

10. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 13 years ago

We can daydream all we like, but if we've drawn a partner into our lives, it's the person who is meant to be there with us at this time.  She/He is our major catalyst in our lesson of learning how to relate with love.   That's my belief, anyway.  Oh, and we do have free will.  It's one of those Divine Dichtomies.  Fate and free will are both operating.  We can choose to walk away.

That infinite intelligence we label under varying names such as God, Allah, Jehova and the like does not, according to Albert Einstein's quotation:  "God does not play dice with the universe," make any mistakes.  So why give yourself a hard time by fighting against WHAT IS. Make a choice.  Oh, yes, and choosing not to choose is also a choice.

11. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

My perfect mate would be very compatable with me! We would have a lot of things in common. He would be able to almost finish my sentences because he knows me so well. And me finish his!

We could talk about anything, no matter what it is and everything will always be okay!

Looking in his eyes, I could feel his love for me! And when we talk it would never be boring!

Oh wait! I've found all this!

To look in their eyes and see yourself happy is the surest sign you are home that exists.

2. Fenixfan profile image75
      Fenixfanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you have definitely found the one Libby. Those are also the things I look for in another. Everyone should be so lucky.

3. marty1968 profile image61
      marty1968posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have all this also. It is amazing.

12. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Blonde
    a poet
    funny
    missing
    wild
    unafraid
    barefoot

13. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

My (almost) perfect mate is the one depicted to the left. He's smart, creative, funny, honest, protective, supportive, and compassionate. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

14. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4025083_f520.jpg

15. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I could end up liking any girl if I talk to her enough. Some of very attractive ones usually get more unattractive as I talk to them more, since they never really learned anything and only get by on looks.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I LOVE the way you think! lol

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

That's very interesting. I find the unattractive men get more attractive, same thing but different smile

16. lichin profile image59
    lichinposted 13 years ago

maybe someone who used to be I do not really like that too pretty because "expensive treatment" but not too bad

17. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Ummmm lets see........breathing........and a heartbeat......thats a good start, lemme come back with more, later lol

18. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

caring, responsible like TC - not necessarily good looking - (but should approximate the looks of Hugh Jackman, (sorry blonde) or Daniel Day Lewis), LOL

19. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
    Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years ago

This thread is talking of someone I know!

20. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

At a party many years back, someone suggested that we describe our sexual fantasies.

As it went around the room, various situations were put forward, with the expected stupidity from most of the men.

When it came to my turn, I just looked at my wife and announced "I married my sexual fantasy."

Which was and still is true, but it sure ticked off every other man there as their wives melted and cooed their approval.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great response!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)