jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you could do it all over again....

1. badegg profile image78
    badeggposted 7 years ago

If you could do it all over again....

If by some miracle you could go back and live your life over again with all of the knowledge that you have now, what would you change? More specifically, would you marry your spouse all over again?

2. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Nothing. Not one thing. Everything that happened has made me the person I am. And that's a good thing!

I've still got time - I'm not married yet..

3. Gayly profile image59
    Gaylyposted 7 years ago

I agree with Right On Time, everything happens for a reason. We're not the best persons that we are right now if those things never happened. Every experience, good or bad, always leaves a lesson to learn and to live by.

4. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Would still want my partner.

The main thing I would change is I bought a building once and a house later on and sold them both.  I shouldn't have sold either one of them.  The mortgages were low and I'd be a millionaire now.

And I quit a couple of good jobs because the boss ticked me off.  Not a good move.

Caused me a lot of problems.

5. mkvealsh profile image60
    mkvealshposted 7 years ago

The only reason to look back is to learn from your mistakes in order to do better in the future.  A marriage is what you make it.  Instead of wondering,"Would I have done better with someone else?"  think of ways you can be a better person in order to improve that relationship.

6. Malcolm_Cox profile image72
    Malcolm_Coxposted 7 years ago

That's a horrible question. It is very unhealthy to even think like that. Make your decision and never regret it. If it was the wrong decision, put it right and learn!

7. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 7 years ago

First, I would have signed up for the Army whether my mom and then fiancee liked it or not. I've always wanted to learn how to fly helicopters and, frankly, I could have used the discipline.

As for my ex-wife, given what I know now, yes, I would have married her simply due to the fact I now have a great son from that marriage. I have a daughter as well but we don't speak. Oh, well. I would ended the marriage long before I did instead of prolonging the inevitable.

8. tenordj profile image77
    tenordjposted 7 years ago

There are moments of my life I would like to relive but I am very happy with the way my life has turned out and I really dont think I would change one thing in it because it has made me who I am today.

Closed to reply