jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why sometimes it does become very difficult to swallow your pride and ego in a r

1. maheshpatwal profile image72
    maheshpatwalposted 7 years ago

Why sometimes it does become very difficult to swallow your pride and ego in a relationship even...

after knowing that it may affect the relationship?

2. Marie-Renee profile image83
    Marie-Reneeposted 7 years ago

i have to be honest that it is hard but at the end of the day you just have to choose which one is the better bedfellow, your pride or your loved one. i wont say i haven't made the mistake because I have, I chose not to bow down, even when I knew I also had a part in the issue, i also made mistakes...and I had to accept the consequences of my choice...regrets, yea but then you can only blame yourself and no one else. like i said, it's all up to you...learn that though it may be hard to swallow you can still do it if you really want to.

3. profile image36
    bsarna02posted 7 years ago

It is because we get so much self obsesed and we scared of changes... We are scared if the change may change our position in the relationship. We are scared of lossing our dreams.

Only thing we do not understand is sticking to ego and pride only make every process and relationship irritating for others. Which actually make us losse everything we have in our hands.

4. sarclair profile image80
    sarclairposted 7 years ago

It is your ego telling you "no, I will not break, I will not submit, I will not lower myself to being weak."  No one really wants to be weak. However, a person begins to change, when they learn that this is not always a weakness.

5. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

I have this view. We all have our egos. But the extent of egotism varies from person to person. Along with egotism comes sensitivity. There are also people who are not too egoistic, but too sensitive. Sensitive people, who will move with others quite nicely otherwise will suddenly become foul if they are criticized or made fun of.

Egoistic people can easily hurt others. Sensitive people can easily get hurt for a little reason. When egotism and excess sensitivity are present in the same person, he/ she will find very few close friends and relatives who can move with them comfortably. Because of their egotism, they will also not heed to any good counseling by well wishers.

"I am okay; you are not okay" will be their attitude. Such people will get alienated and discarded, unless they do a serious soul search.

6. Multiflavour profile image58
    Multiflavourposted 7 years ago

Because relationship means compromise, give and take. If you find the right person you don't see that as a loss. You are still yourself and after you understand each other and carry on.

7. Lyre of Orpheus profile image55
    Lyre of Orpheusposted 7 years ago

Because the feeling of self-respect often turns into egocentrism. It happens as a natural reaction if you're unhappy or feel undermined or unappreciated in a relationship. Takes a lot of self confidence (the real one, not the cocky one) and courage to stand up and admit one was wrong.

8. David.Reed profile image51
    David.Reedposted 7 years ago

I just don't know the answer to this one!

It's so unfortunate that people are like this sometimes. I actually dated someone once who would swear blind that she was correct in something, despite admittedly knowing that she was actually incorrect about it.

Can't figure out why she was like that. Although I have a suspicion that it was a confidence thing - that she wanted to be respected and that by being correct she gained that respect.

working