jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you have many friends, or more of a collection of acquaintances?

1. lindacee profile image95
    lindaceeposted 7 years ago

Do you have many friends, or more of a collection of acquaintances?

I have very few true friends (my husband being the best one I have.) I have many social acquaintances that are fun to be around, but really don't count when the chips are down.

2. JeannieKerns69 profile image63
    JeannieKerns69posted 7 years ago

I have way more acquaintances than friends as well. I think that good friends are certainly few and far between.

3. Sunnyglitter profile image84
    Sunnyglitterposted 7 years ago

I have more acquaintances than friends, but that's my own fault; I have a hard time getting close to people.  I also enjoy spending a lot of time alone; I can be very introverted at times.

4. vicki simms profile image75
    vicki simmsposted 7 years ago

My answer is very similar to Sunnyglitter's, I have so many acquaintances but very few friends, I have been let down too mnay times in the past by so called friends that I dont let anyone close enough to me to be a friend sad its my own fault, maybe I should trust a bit more, but at the moment I can't and wont!

5. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

Me too I have a lot of acquantances and I adore them all! However I have one very best friend and I adore them more!

6. Sarah Masson profile image68
    Sarah Massonposted 7 years ago

Definitely more acquaintances than friends. I used to have more friends but then discovered that they weren't actually friends at all. I also like my alone time but sometimes I get lonely.

7. jantamaya profile image74
    jantamayaposted 7 years ago

The very same answer like Sunnyglitter, vicki simms, lilibess, Sarah Masson, and JeannieKern59. :-)

8. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 5 years ago

I have several true, close friends, but mostly a "collection of acquaintances" as you put it so well. I think that's the case with most people, but that's just a guess on my part.

working