jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you follow your heart or your mind when faced with making a decision and why?

1. MrsNouman profile image55
    MrsNoumanposted 7 years ago

Do you follow your heart or your mind when faced with making a decision and why?

2. Syrusv37 profile image89
    Syrusv37posted 7 years ago

I follow both. My mind assesses the situation. My heart includes the emotions I feel about the outcome. Without both of them working together, I could end up making the wrong choice.

3. shynsly profile image57
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

As much as possible, I try to follow my brain and my "gut" to make decisions based on facts and logic. Past experiance has taught me too many times choices based on emotion, which is what you get from the heart, are generally inherently flawed and will only lead to heart-break in the end. It's not to say my heart doesn't get SOME input in the overall process, just that I try to keep it in perspective

4. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

It is depend on the kind of decision I am taking.
    But for any critical issue,I consult whom I trust & then I pray Istikharah and ask Allah to guide me to the best way.

5. aspiringauthor profile image56
    aspiringauthorposted 7 years ago

I follow my head which tends to lean toward the logical answer. In contrast following one's heart is determined by hormones and emotions which can be extremely misleading.

6. sofs profile image80
    sofsposted 7 years ago

This would depend on the decision that is in question, I would actually try thinking logically but i would also look at things from the perspective of others.
    Purely business decisions may just need the head logic, while relationship would need a balance of both..

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

The purpose of the mind is to protect the heart.
    The mind reasons and the heart feels.

8. LaTina B. profile image57
    LaTina B.posted 7 years ago

Many people will say when it comes to situations like, work and business, go with the mind and in situations more emotion based like, love, follow your heart. My belief is you ultimately cannot make a decision if you do not FEEL that is right for you. I have learned that going against what I felt proved to be disappointing in the end. Follow your heart.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/If-I-Followed-My-Heart

working