jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

It has been said there are two kinds of people in this world, givers and takers.

1. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

It has been said there are two kinds of people in this world, givers and takers.

Do you believe this to be true?  If so, which one do you feel you are and why?

2. karenfreemansmith profile image61
    karenfreemansmithposted 7 years ago

Mostly true.  I think I'm a giver by nature, but life has taught m the value of both so I push myself to accept help as well as offer it.  Occasionally, I might even ask.

3. Right On Time profile image61
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

A little too simplistic, I'm a giver and then a taker and believe in 50/50 share in life/

4. MCAT4 profile image56
    MCAT4posted 7 years ago

Hi BobbiRant, for me it's a bit of both.  Giving to one who deserves and Taking from one who doesn't - tends to be my rule of thumb although is really dependant on the situation at hand.

5. Shelvajay profile image58
    Shelvajayposted 7 years ago

I think I am both, and that I have my moments in each realm.  I also think in the larger scheme of things, for me, it balances out, and it is all good.  I think that in all scenarios where you have more than one person involved, in all fairness, there has to be a giver and a taker.  Otherwise, we as people would be  a lost lot.

6. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

I am both.
    For example: Here I am Taking your question (Which let me think in a specific way to ) be able to Give you an Answer.
    Your question is a gift for me, it is reminding me about this subject (Taking & Giveing), push me indirectly to avoid to be selfish.
    All of us should be Both, otherwise, there is no life.

They tell "if you don't have something, you can not give it."

But I think you mean,"Do you like to give or to take more?"
    I hope I like to be a giver more. I enjoy when I see others happy.

I like this Quote:
    "Joy can be real only if people look upon their life as a service, and have a definite object in life outside themselves and their personal happiness." ~ Leo Tolstoy

7. MickS profile image69
    MickSposted 7 years ago

How many billion are we, and every one of us is different, I think the assertion is a little bit too black and white.  I don't go for it, anyway.

8. Ashantina profile image62
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

hm. I am a giver, caring by nature... and I am also a 'receiver' not a taker.. big difference.

9. thebluestar profile image79
    thebluestarposted 7 years ago

I am without a doubt a giver.  Always willing to lend a hand, a real sucker for a sob story.  I never want recognition for this fact, however I can get on a broom stick like any other woman when I feel I have been used.

I find it hard to receive, presents, advice, money or anything else. I am typical of my birth sign Pisces and am the most inconsistent person I know, never able to be certain of one thing or another.

10. Jaynie2000 profile image91
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

I fully believe that at one point or another, every person is a giver and every person is a taker. What we are in any given moment depends upon the circumstances with which we are faced. It also depends on how you loosely one might define "giving" and "taking."

Most people will have a greater tendency toward one trait or the other, but all of us have been and will be both throughout the course of our lives.

working