jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can two people with different religious beliefs have a successful marriage?

1. tysanders profile image61
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

Can two people with different religious beliefs have a successful marriage?

Or would someone end up converting? How does this factor in when raising children?

2. saideepa profile image59
    saideepaposted 7 years ago

they can, if they are fully committed to ,and love unconditinally, because God is one, human blood has the same colour, then why treat each other as different because all humans share the same set of emotions.

3. Ari Lamstein profile image83
    Ari Lamsteinposted 7 years ago

I personally don't have the answer for this question.  But I would like to see it answered in greater depth in a Hub.

Great question, tysanders.

4. Marlena Oechsner profile image61
    Marlena Oechsnerposted 6 years ago

They can have a successful relationship, but I'm not sure how they could get to a married state. My boyfriend is Christian and I am not religious and he says that he would want our marriage vows to include the mention of "god" and if we had kids, they would have to be baptized. I do not agree with religion and do not want to baptize my kids or have any mention of any sort of god in my marriage vows. My relationship with my boyfriend is amazing and stable, but I don't see it ending at the altar. We can definitely make our time spent together work forever, but there will be no wedding rings or children then. Some people say I'm stubborn for not giving in, but I say that people can get baptized at any age and join whatever religion they wish when they feel comfortable.

working