What if you love the man but he wants a divorce and you have told him that you d

1. bturn12 profile image56
    bturn12posted 7 years ago

What if you love the man but he wants a divorce and you have told him that you dont want a divorce?

2. marriage-seminars profile image57
    marriage-seminarsposted 7 years ago

Oh man, that is a really tough one.

You've done the best first step, which is to be honest with how you feel. Unfortunately, it looks like his honest reply was not what you wanted.

You have to ask yourself something very, very important and also very, very hard:
    Do you really want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't want to be in one with you?

I know it's not easy to hear, but as much as you love someone else, the only person you can truly change or effect is yourself.

Sit down with him again. Ask him if there is anyway you can avoid this? Is there something that can be changed? Would he be willing to sit down with a counselor?

But always keep in mind, even if you can "make" him love you, is that what you really want?

I'm in the process of putting up the years of advice I've compiled along with some really good links. Keep checking my hubs and hopefully something will work for you!

Best of luck,
    Dave

3. davidemorgan profile image55
    davidemorganposted 7 years ago

Let him go. I was in this situation (reversed), and once I gave up fighting the rejection, it was incredibly liberating. I haven't looked back. She did me a huge favor.

working