jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you find that if you are spirituality healthy that it makes relationships mor

1. Jennie79 profile image60
    Jennie79posted 7 years ago

Do you find that if you are spirituality healthy that it makes relationships more fulfilling?

What I mean is if you are spiritually healthy, are relationships more rewarding. If there is a sounder sense of self and a healthy amount of self love already in place before the relationship began to grow.

2. Shelvajay profile image58
    Shelvajayposted 7 years ago

Yes.  I do.  I do not necessarily believe that in a couples realm, both persons in the couple should be of the same religious belief.  I belive in inter-faith relationships. But I do believe that having a sense of singular and common spiritual grounding is essential, for a fulfilling relationship.  To me, religion and spirituality are two separate things.  It may not be this way for everybody, but it is for me.

3. Jennie79 profile image60
    Jennie79posted 7 years ago

Thank you, Shelvajay, for your answer. I also view religion and spirituality as two seperate topics.

4. tysanders profile image61
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

I think the answer to this question is yes. When two people working toward a common goal are both spiritually healthy everything they attempt to acheive will be more fulfilling - including marriage.

5. Angel709 profile image59
    Angel709posted 7 years ago

I believe true spirituality is operating in one's TRUE SELF, without ego, fear, blame, etc., Therefore, all things, including relationships will be more rewarding. The person is usually more giving, grounded, and grateful for all that comes into their life. They see problems as lessons to grow from, and blessings as a reward for growth--they are grateful for both.

working