jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should you remarry if your children don't approve?

1. Libra Rajani profile image60
    Libra Rajaniposted 7 years ago

Should you remarry if your children don't approve?

2. itsandreawilson profile image66
    itsandreawilsonposted 7 years ago

Tough question, however, you've got to do what you feel is right for you. If your children don't approve, ask them why, and show them the reasons you feel it's right for you.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think first it depends on the age of your children and seconly why they don't approve. if your kids don't live at home then their opinion , though you should respect it , shouldn't be the deciding factor.

4. tysanders profile image62
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

Tough question but I would love to see the answers!

5. profile image55
    mariekinardposted 14 months ago

Depends...I did ... my daughters are 16 and 24. They could not give me a good reason other than we were to old...lol we are 46 and 48. And did I really want other kids in our lives..that I thought was the real problem.. married now and they've learned to cope with change. When I first started dating my now husband my younger daughter put up a fuss. Went to counseling to help and boundaries were set and I learned a great deal. The ability to cope and resilience is the greatest thing to instil in your children. I married a wonderful man and yes my children were initially against it for selfish reasons but I didn't cave and we are very happy.  The older daughter doesn't live with me as she has her own family but the 16 year old does but she will soon be going off to college and starting a life as a adult so I figured if I as the mother can let go to allow my daughters to be independent healthy happy women I deserve the same respect.