jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do men pay for sex in a relationship?

1. Libra Rajani profile image60
    Libra Rajaniposted 7 years ago

Do men pay for sex in a relationship?

Some men think they pay for sex in a relationship. Others believe they continue to pay when they get married. What do you think and why?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think paying is just another way of saying that what is yours becomes your partners. my wife takes care of our home and i work so in reality we both pay each other for sex and it is sooooo worth it.

3. tysanders profile image61
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If the relationship is centered around love then no one should feel indebted and sex should be an experience shared between two people who love and appreciate each other. If the man sees what he does for me as paying for sex..... I think I may have a problem with that.

4. krillco profile image92
    krillcoposted 7 years ago

You are making a large assumption that men are always the high desire partner for sex in relationship, and that assumption is totally wrong. At least half of the couples I see for counseling it is reversed: the woman is the high desire partner for sex and the man is the lower desire partner.

5. profile image49
    dianasexspertposted 7 years ago

Honestly in all intensive purposes they do.  Often times when you date a man, he pays for dinner, and usually gives u some gifts, especially if you are sleeping together, so yes, he is getting off rather cheaply, he's getting laid for dinner, or if he meets a girl at the bar, for a few drinks its much cheaper than paying a high end prostitute hell or even a low class one.  When he marries a woman, yes and no, because often times expenses are paid by both, or if the woman is a stay at home mother or wife, than he is compensating her work with pay by covering the bills and other expenses.  So in dating i would say yes, in marriage, u can't quantify the work a woman does at home, so no.

6. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

Legally, "prostitution" only occurs if the money is exchanged "solely" for sex. Hence, sugar baby websites are totally legal since you are paying for dates, company, and what-not. The reason is that paying a woman for her company (not just sex) is so similar to a relationship that we can't even come up with a legal distinction between the two. Women want security. We are no longer hunter-gatherers, so now men need steady income. I'm just saying that the quality of woman you get is generally proportional to your socio-economic station.