jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Can you maintain happiness in a marriage at all times?

1. MisterCullen profile image73
    MisterCullenposted 7 years ago

Can you maintain happiness in a marriage at all times?

Can the ups and downs be eliminated?

2. rishi-bhrigu profile image58
    rishi-bhriguposted 7 years ago

Happiness and Sorrow comes and goes with attachment,they are fleeting moments.What you can achieve however is Peace at all times which lasts forever.

3. tenordj profile image77
    tenordjposted 7 years ago

I love my wife to death but I dont think there is anyone who can say they are happy with their spouse all the time. There will be ups and downs. Good times and Bad, you just have to push through those down times and the highs will come back. It is for better or worse after all.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i don't think so but i'm glad of this because i wouldn't actually be happy is my wife and i didn't have the occasional problem.

5. gypsumgirl profile image88
    gypsumgirlposted 7 years ago

There will definitely be ups and downs, but the love that exists can transcend them if you both continually work on the relationship.  Eventually, the ups will last longer and you will be able to talk through the downs pretty quickly and move on.

6. IN2Deep profile image72
    IN2Deepposted 7 years ago

You can have as much happiness in your marriage as you choose-even with the ups and downs.It is not that you have ups and downs smile it is how you react to them.Once you learn and except that Love and happiness are a combination of feelings and emotions and that each individual views things differently-If you don't expect to much--you won't be disappointed.

7. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 7 years ago

Ups and downs in any situation, including marriage, cannot be eliminated because we live in a fallen world, however, there is a relationship that can always give joy and will help with all other relationships...you might like to see John 10:10.

8. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

I think what's important is maintaining the skilled potential to re-establish and strengthen marital-happiness through the inevitable emotional low points.

9. MrsSunshine101 profile image57
    MrsSunshine101posted 6 years ago

No. There will always be something your partner does that you don't like and vice-versa. The ups and downs in a relationship are going to be there all the time, no matter how much you try to avoid them. It's getting past the ups and downs each day that make a happy marriage.

working