If a person has divorced 3 times, would you conclude that the person has an unde

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 134 discussions (167 posts)
  1. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

If a person has divorced 3 times, would you conclude that the person has an underlying problem?

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

It would seem either they are a poor judge of character, they like to jump into serious commitments too quickly, or they are a good actor capable of hiding a part of themselves thinking it won't be revealed this time.

1. vsmith5151 profile image58
      vsmith5151posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The player is a good actor capable of hiding a part of themselves thinking it wont be revealed this time.  Only to  realize even in saying I do, they have a problem saying no.  So the old man creeps back in ruining any new relationship.

3. dabeaner profile image61
    dabeanerposted 14 years ago

"Remarriage is the triumph of hope over experience."  So you could say the person is a perpetual optimist.  Or an idiot.  So, yes, a problem.

1. profile image50
      Ms Behavin in TXposted 10 years agoin reply to this

HE is the problem.  There's a reason this guy has been divorced so many times and it is NOT because he is an optimist or a hopeless romantic. It's because he can't commit and is always looking for the next Mrs. Dumbass.  There's a running theme: HIM!

2. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

hmmmm......per the tone of 2 comments....someone here is very VERY bitter.  2 people involved = 2 people responsible = 2 independent choices & personalities.  Can't change the equations.

4. profile image56
    MysticLingerieposted 14 years ago

That person needs to rethink his dating strategy because there is a flaw in there that is attracting him to the wrong type of person. Beauty doesnt bring happyness all the time.

5. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

It would raise a question in my mind. On the other hand I have a good friend, a very decent person, who has been divorced three times. The first, which he now regrets, after a long marriage to a very nice woman. I chalk up the other two times to bad luck and/or bad judgment.

6. Um...yeah profile image61
    Um...yeahposted 14 years ago

If someone repeatedly gets married to someone he/she ends up disliking enough to divorce then there is obviously some sort of fundemental problem.

7. liuwenhua profile image59
    liuwenhuaposted 14 years ago

Without being judgmental... there could be many reasons that caused the breaking up of the relationship. But having say that, there is someone I know that went through a couple of relationships and the men she was with are pretty similar in terms of character and the reason for breaking is also the same. She said she can't help it as she is more attracted to the same kind of man. Love usually over rules rational thinking.

8. Parentinghelp profile image40
    Parentinghelpposted 14 years ago

"Once bitten, twice shy"... three times? uhmmm... Either it iis not painfully enough to learn the lesson or he's a natural optimist.

9. WritingBoutStuff profile image58
    WritingBoutStuffposted 14 years ago

Without knowing the full circumstances of each divorce I couldn't say for sure. With that said, it is very likely that there is an underlying problem with someone who has gone through a divorce three separate times.

10. profile image51
    EmbraceTheGutterposted 14 years ago

I think it's difficult to say. I come from a family with a high divorce rate, personally. My father has been divorced four times in total, my mother three. and their previous spouses have all been married at least twice.

. . . Wait, yes. I would definitely say there is an underlying problem.

11. Suiiki profile image59
    Suiikiposted 14 years ago

I'd definitely say yes...they are either attracted to very unhealthy people or they are very unhealthy to begin with.

My father is on his third marriage, and it looks like this one is lasting despite the circumstances (They married because I was born, and their 21st wedding anniversary is this September) The two women who he was married to before, from what we've been told both by Dad and family members, were very unstable women. However my Dad is also very unstable (He has PTSD from three tours in Vietnam and possibly another underlying disorder, but refuses treatment for them.)

Now, My uncle-by-marriage (Uncle-in-law just sounds so weird...) Has been married twice, to very, very toxic women. I watched the build-up AND break-up of the second marriage, it all happened within a year (The last six months of my engagement and first six months of marriage to my wife, actually) The woman he was married to was extremely selfish, and her younger daughter (Who is about my age) was an absolute terror...You would have thought she was 9 years old instead of 19! Spoiled and selfish. And the older daughter, who was handicapped, was treated very poorly and did not understand that anything was different (Her disability check is for you to care for her, not for you to buy a $1200 fish tank and expensive fish!)

Anyway, both the ex-wife and younger daughter quit their jobs and spent all of Uncle Scott's money, took out credit cards and cell phone contracts in his name, etc. And then the ex-wife walked out after draining him dry...Less than a year after getting married. I have never a man look so broken in my entire life - he loved this woman, or rather, the person he thought the woman to be.

My wife tells me this story is very similar to what Uncle Scott's first marriage was. It seems that he is just a very trusting guy who falls quickly and hard when love is involved...but yes, it is a problem, because unfortunately in the adult world if you are this naive, things like this are bound to happen.

12. Wealthmadehealthy profile image60
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 14 years ago

If a person has been divorced this many times, it is a sign that either they married too soon without knowing the person they were marrying and the marriage was not entered into with the proper attitudes of having God in their marriage.   You have to be a whole person without underlying problems of past hurts and deceptions leading the way you think.....

When people are "unequally yoked" meaning their ideals are not in line with Gods Word, and they do not have this in their lives marriage will not work....God has to be first.....and both people have to have the same ideals.....When you discover that you are not growing together in the Word, you will grow apart.....Things which have happened in your past also play a large part in a happy union of two people.....If you allow the past to rule your present, you have not learned and the same mistakes are made......instead of looking at other peoples faults, you have to fix the faults within yourself...

13. profile image0
    Matthew 43posted 14 years ago

I would say the amount of divorces does not conclude a person has a problem. I know some great men and women out there that have been married 5 or 6 times and just have not been able to either stay in a relationship, partner passes away, partner becomes a flake, partner develops an alcohol or drug problem, or they needed to have counseling themself to not make the same mistake again and address the issue that was causing the break ups  or root of the propblem(s. There are many reasons for this occurring and it is not as simple as some try and make it. People that are very judgemental try and conclude but they are the one's with the problem because they do not know all the facts and are not living in that persons household or circumstance. One factor that a lot of people over look is maybe that person just has not found the love of their life yet. So, my conclusion as a psychic and my final answer is if they have not found the love of their life then keep trying because life is too short. The fact that anyone who has been married three times wants to do it again and is not scared has my respect. So, remember do not judge others as there are no guarantees in life that your partner may not divorce you. A lot of pompous judgemental people end up on the same end of the totem pole at the end of the day.

1. profile image51
      antonio21posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sincerely I'm not agree with your best answer. When two people are married they have to discuss problems and to correct themselves and to be together at good and bad moments. The solution is not to split but to correct and discuss when problemsAppear

2. Jessica Salamone profile image55
      Jessica Salamoneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I work at a NYC Production Company. We are currently casting for a show about exactly this! We are looking for people who have been married multiple times and want to get rid of the stereotype. To hear more email: jessica@11thstreetproductions.com

3. GARH608 profile image78
      GARH608posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Really? A psychic know it all? You call it fear, I call it smarts. This is America, and it takes all kinds.

If I try again, you gonna help pick up the pieces?

4. Edge Valmond profile image60
      Edge Valmondposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree with antonio21. When divorce happens,one forgets why they married the person in the first place. To make things worse,it is making a promise. Breaking a promise six times merely shows you are not trustworthy. Counseling is recommended.

14. khood1357 profile image65
    khood1357posted 14 years ago

Absolutely not. Sometimes people change and grow apart; this does not mean they have a problem, this just means that they are not soul mates. It all goes back to the great saying that if at first you do not succeed try again.

15. Nick Stevens profile image57
    Nick Stevensposted 14 years ago

Yes, they probably have a problem. It takes some serious issues to get divorced three times. It could not be a serious problem with their character as such but they could have a problem with judgement.

Whatever be the reason, it they have been divorced three times, they still haven't fixed whatever is causing these problems.

The best thing to do if you really want to consider him as a partner would be ask him frankly about why the divorces happened. You can judge for yourself if he has been very unfortunate all three times or if the problem lies with him.

16. samitzzz profile image58
    samitzzzposted 14 years ago

It may but on the other-hand it may also suggest that the guy is romantic.. and have got talent to remarry after being left out by someone else.So hats off to him,BOSS!!!

17. Goodluck4ever profile image69
    Goodluck4everposted 14 years ago

yes, i would conclude but wont jugde. marriage is a sacred  institution ordained and established by God.  stampeding in and out of it would mean making nonesence of it.the fundamental problem with such a person is the lack of God's in knowledge. the holy write says that my people perish for lack of knowlegde. someone going into marriage should first understand the position og God concerning it!

18. profile image0
    Literature Fairyposted 13 years ago

It would be a question that came to mind.. But I don't like to make assumptions or judge people. I think it would depend on the specific individual details.

19. Lifeallstar1 profile image59
    Lifeallstar1posted 13 years ago

I don't know anyone that has been divorced 3 times but it depends why they keep getting divorced. Maybe try single life. You can have a great relationship and not have to get married. If they feel there's an issue they can't pin point maybe try a therapist by themselves to seek what the issue is. Hopefully they will figure out what the problem is.

20. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

I've only known one person I was close to who was divorced four times, and she had some serious issues. She married abusive men, some with substance abuse problems. When she finally married a good man, she pronounced him "boring" and cheated on him. He threw her out. Then she stole her mother's BF who was 25 years older than she was and took him for all his money, but he refused to marry her.  She finally killed her own mother because she wanted her money and the old woman wasn't dying fast enough.

Based on that, yeah, I'd say they probably have some underlying problems. LOL

21. ladyjojo profile image61
    ladyjojoposted 13 years ago

Definitely they got problems. The thing is what are they doing about it, sometimes jumping from relationship to relationship don't heal the past scars even if it may seem as moving on. Get the proper diagnosis for your first situation and then apply a good cure for it. But marry three times is a lot for one person marriage ought to last for a life time. I can understand people marriages don't always work. Or maybe their spouse died and they re-marry. See the motivate for re- marrying

22. Smaridge01 profile image69
    Smaridge01posted 13 years ago

Having been divorced twice, I am more inclined to say that multiple divorces may indicate the person is better at seeing a situation for what it is, and healthy enough to make change.

Some marriages start off great and just go down hill.  It's not always because someone has an underlying problem.  So, no, I believe if you were to discount someone due to multiple divorces, you might just be missing out on something wonderful. After all, they've learned three ways NOT to be married! They might be getting better at it each time!  big_smile

23. Mark Upshaw profile image61
    Mark Upshawposted 13 years ago

Wow, I read the comments of a lot of judgmental people.   There  could be plenty of reasons for 3 divorces, like maybe marriage for this person is nothing more than a paper commitment and when the two don't want to be committed any longer they divorce.  Marriage is such an antiquated system that is hardly relevant today. More of an emotional support for those that feel a ceremony and piece of paper lock their mate into accepting all of their faults and failures and piss poor treatment (abuse).

1. profile image52
      Divorced3Plusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree Mark, I've been divorced 4x's & my ego can cleverly & entertainingly explain y NONE of my divorces were my fault, heck I only asked 4 the 1st one after 12 yrs of mental/emotional/physical abuse, don't want 2 marry again but want life

2. profile image50
      Ms Behavin in TXposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Two perfect examples of why this woman should RUN in the opposite direction. Chronic quitters, blaming others for you actions, problems, and inability to commit. Problem is, there's only one common denominator in the equation..YOU! Grow up!

24. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

Definitely yes, if the concerned person feels that the three ex spouses are responsible for the broken marriages.

25. alegnanat profile image61
    alegnanatposted 12 years ago

not even!  say over the course of 28 years i am on my fourth marriage.  i am not a bad judge of character.  the characters i married weren't worth wasting time with  so i divorced them.  never a regret.  my current marriage has lasted 9 years so far and i expect it to last forever.

26. WookieWonderfuls profile image60
    WookieWonderfulsposted 12 years ago

I actually wrote a hub about this.

As a shortened version i asked do you have several relationships with several people or one relationship with several people?

If you notice the same problems occurring in each relationship, you may want to look at yourself instead of putting fault on others first.

Take a look, see what you think smile

27. Andme26 profile image63
    Andme26posted 12 years ago

everyone has underlying problems . I have never been married nor divorced . but the way I see it if is not working why keep going at it just for the sake of not been number 2 3 4 5

1. Glenis Rix profile image96
      Glenis Rixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The effect of divorce on children is devastating. Scott Peck wrote in The Road Less Travelled that love is an active verb. I am divorced and I would advise - look before you leap. It would prevent a lot of heartbreak.

28. profile image52
    Divorced3Plusposted 11 years ago

When people ask if I am married I say occassionally but not at the moment, I also say I have so many ex hubby's that they don't have names they have numbers, my ego can cleverly and entertainingly explain why each one of my 4 divorces was not my fault, I only asked for the 1st divorce after 12 yrs of abuse, mental/emotional/physical.  The 2nd left me because he didn't want to be a step dad to my children and said he knew I wouldn't choose him over my children, my 3rd left me after abusing my 10 y/o daughter, my 4th left me for his previous wife (his 2nd wife, I was his 3rd) because she fed his savior complex enormous ego because she always needed to be saved and supposrted and I am self sufficient and very independent and he couldn't control me.  The underlying problem I have is picking the wrong men because I was as a child I had multiple abusers and went onto an abusive marriage the 1st time and that set a mode energetically that I was not worthy or deserving of happiness so I kept attracting men that were not good for me, you can say my marriages ended because God wasn't present but he was (for me anyways) in the 1st 3 marriages, I never missed a sunday at church, I prayed daily, so I don't think that was it, God gave us free agency so why do some human beings try to control thier spouses.  I don't ever have to get married again but I am hopeful that I will find a life partner that I can be with until death do us part because I still have faith that I will find the love of my life.  Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves, noone has the right to judge another, you don't know what the circumstances were, you don't know another's thoughts or what is in their heart so try following the example of unconditional love that Jesus displayed and be nice to those of us who did get married NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES with the intentions that it would be until death and let God do the judging, he is more qualified don'tchya think !!!

1. NiaLee profile image60
      NiaLeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I love the way you see clearly through your experience. abuse destroys the basic tools that helps us know ourselves and choose the right people and situations we deal with. God bless you. Right relationship before marriage.

29. suzettenaples profile image88
    suzettenaplesposted 10 years ago

Not necessarily.  It takes some people longer to mature and grow-up than others.  Get to know the person very well to know if they have finally matured and learned from their mistakes or are the problem.

30. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 10 years ago

1 has a serious personal issue
    2 doesn't know how to choose a partner
    3 doesn't really want to commit
    These are my three ideas, I knew somebody who married 3 times and wanted to marry my sister... his wife arrived unannounced from abroad!! I was happy I had scared him straight. I remember telling him: the issue is that you marry like you go to the market!

31. Nicole Danielle profile image54
    Nicole Danielleposted 10 years ago

I would say that they either follow a pattern in their choice of partner or the person has personal issues that are unresolved causing the same issues to keep recurring.

32. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

No, I would not necessarily conclude that a person has an "underlying problem."  Logically, there are TWO individuals to any marriage.  Any issues within a relationship are never the fault(s) of just ONE of these people.
    I will go out on a limb here, and accept that most of the comments are based on personal experience.  It's human nature to relate to questions like this one, by going inside ourselves.  Unfortunately, it is also human nature to defend and protect our own ego, when in fact, no one but you & your partner need to know the ugly truth of the matter. 
    I'm in the habit of being open-minded and making an effort to see a situation from every side possible, or an entirely different angle, altogether.  For instance, say that perhaps a man has dated exclusively for a year or more, but broken off the relationship and gone on to become involved with 2 or 3 other women, in the next 3 or 4 years, which also did not work out for one reason or another.  Do we decide this person has "an underlying problem?"   I don't think so.  If this were the case, every young person, searching for an acceptable partner, would be considered to have a "problem."   
    It seems the mistake being made by one or both, is getting married in the first place.  When 2 individuals break up and walk away, it's perfectly normal and acceptable.  When it involves "DIVORCE,".....suddenly, it's a major catastrophe and terrible disaster.  This is just a "reaction."  The catastrophe is in the huge waste of money...per weddings and Attorneys!!

33. ParadigmEnacted profile image75
    ParadigmEnactedposted 10 years ago

It would be impossible for any of you to judge whether it's the individual that has an issue with relationships in general or whether it's just those particular relationships that they had an issue with. What's for sure is that your divorce rate is abominable and you should be ashamed. How dare you! Pathetic.

34. epbooks profile image78
    epbooksposted 10 years ago

I'm not divorced, but it could just be that they are picking the wrong companion.  Sometimes we tend to look for something we are comfortable with and unfortunately many times people who are seeking a new relationship tend to look for similarities from their old relationship...even if they do not mean to.

35. pstraubie48 profile image80
    pstraubie48posted 10 years ago

It is difficult to say without knowing the individual. My niece was married 8 times.!! Yes, 8. She married at age 20 for the first time and is now 54. Her most recent husband was the most long lasting of the relationships and he succumbed to cancer two years ago. I do not believe that husband number 9 is in her future but you never know.
    She is a very beautiful woman and has been all of her life. The men she married were handsome as well. However I do not think they were able to compete, if that is the word, with her beauty. She was/ is flirtatious and charming and fun to be with so a man who is married to her may have been put off with those characteristics unless they were directed solely at him.
    That is not to say that she may have not been responsible in some degree to the demise of her marriages.  That would be between her and the ex. I do know that she remained friends with several of them after the divorce.
    As far as others who have been married and divorced multiple times, I cannot really speak to the reason. To say they have an underlying problem is a bit further than I wish to go. Perhaps it is a matter of not being such a great judge of another person before deciding to set up housekeeping.

ps

36. adithgeorge profile image69
    adithgeorgeposted 10 years ago

Yeah,there is some problem with him.If there is a person make him consult a councillor.

37. GirlNWind profile image57
    GirlNWindposted 10 years ago

Yes. The person has an underlying problem. He or she hasn't preserved or protected the marriage commitments they have made, for whatever reason, justified or not. After the vows are taken, the primary concern is no longer whether or not they have judged their spouse's character correctly before marriage. It's also not primarily about their own shortcomings. After the vows, they need to be "all-in" to the act of preserving and protecting the union while forsaking "Plan B" and ignoring "Escape Clauses." Life is hard. Marriage is harder. Working on judgment and personal character are key to picking the right mate, but, unfortunately, we live in a culture that thinks more of pre-nuptual agreements and grounds for divorce, than it is able to model ways that people can maintain their commitments, despite their flaws, and ensure that they are rooted and grounded in scrificial love.

38. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 10 years ago

Yes...they still haven't found the right person for them!

39. bethperry profile image82
    bethperryposted 10 years ago

People do have the ability to grow and change, and as a marriage takes the commitment of two individuals, without knowing the intricacies of the relationship in question I wouldn't attempt to draw a conclusion.

40. padmendra profile image47
    padmendraposted 10 years ago

One can't undermine a person of his character or state of mind if he has been divorced three times. Because there are many loopholes in such cases when a person is bound to divorce on account of bigamy or second time when they both are not carrying well in the marriage. The third moment of divorce though needs to be cautiously handled, but chances are again there that third divorce may be because of underlying problems in both the   partners.

Therefore concluding it as mentioned  above is not possible in each and every case.

41. sachamike profile image60
    sachamikeposted 10 years ago

My uncle had a number of divorces, and never seemed happy with his wives for very long.  After seeing him divorce and remarry so often, I am inclined to believe underlying issues cause divorces. As for my uncle, he was a drinker, and I honestly think his drinking was the underlying problem in all his marriages. Even another drinker can only take so much.

42. Globetrekkermel profile image63
    Globetrekkermelposted 10 years ago

Divorced 3 times to conclude a person has an underlying problem? I don't think so as that is a case to case basis. Anything beyond 4 times maybe but not 3 .

1. Larry Burks profile image54
      Larry Burksposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious? Till death do us part and it takes 4 FAILED lifetime commitments to find out something is wrong? LOL

2. C.V.Rajan profile image59
      C.V.Rajanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I believe you are divorced 3 times?!

43. Edward J. Palumbo profile image84
    Edward J. Palumboposted 10 years ago

I would be circumspect and very cautious about a relationship with a thrice-divorced person. It would appear this individual is slow to learn from mistakes, has difficulty defining marital priorities, is difficult to live with or has some intolerable traits, bases marriage on a physical dynamic (or checking account). Simply stated, this poses a reason to proceed very cautiously, but it's entirely possible the individual is "accident prone".

44. tehgyb profile image84
    tehgybposted 10 years ago

Yes. Obviously they are either horrible at one or more of the following:
    1: Picking partners
    2: Taking their time
    3: Decision making in general
    4: Working out problems/making things work
    5: Actual commitment

I'd run. Run far.

45. lillywhyte profile image60
    lillywhyteposted 10 years ago

Yes and no, in a way. I would say that there is an underlying cause, not "problem." We are taught from childhood that marriage is the normative ideal arrangement, but this purely a social construct. There are many relationship alternatives, like committed non-monogamy, that may be better suited to that person's character. If they don't know that these alternatives exist or that they are acceptable, that person may continue to attempt to live up to the socialized norm instead of pursuing their own ideal relationship model. If so, they will most likely be unsuccessful or perpetually unhappy.

46. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 10 years ago

I will never conclude that.  I think that the person just havent found his/her better half that would compliment him/her in life

47. erorantes profile image47
    erorantesposted 9 years ago

People married for many years.Then, they divorce. Later, they married again.  The length of time and patience help couples stay together. Real love is for ever.These days , people are modern, and they take marriage as a trying out .

48. Express10 profile image84
    Express10posted 9 years ago

Call me judgmental or old-fashioned but marrying and getting the same result with three different spouses does indicate that they have a problem. Three divorces is a sign of bad judgement to say the least but does not absolve the other spouses of any issues they may have had, if any. One would hope that two people think more carefully and truly learn more than they wanted about the person they are committing themselves to as well as themselves PRIOR to getting married even once, let alone 3 times.

1. erorantes profile image47
      erorantesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Most people think that when a person has the same pattern with the relationships.  It is a habit we created in our brain. We keep getting the same kind of person.Because of getting the same person . Most of us fail. It is better to get someone differ

49. Evane profile image63
    Evaneposted 9 years ago

Yes. And that person can consult me. He should talk to God more.

50. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 9 years ago

Sometimes there isnt a problem at all. I mean, everyone has problems and maybe they do but that doesn't mean it wasn't right at the time they went for it. People are always changing and everyday they become more distant if they aren't on the same exact brainwave looking at the world. I know this is a friendship quote but its pretty much applys to marriage and love too...
    “To make a friend you must close one eye. And to keep a friend, you must close both eyes.”
    ― Victor Robert Lee

In the end most people don't keep their eyes shut in marriage when things change and hardships happen, and it leads to problems and not wanting to be together.

~thranax~

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)