jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do we love?

1. winepress profile image57
    winepressposted 7 years ago

Why do we love?

2. Sharon Douglas profile image48
    Sharon Douglasposted 7 years ago

We love because, God is love, love is God and the God of Love dwelleth in us, so therefore if the God of love is dwelling in us, then we are love and can love.

So no effort is required to love.

3. Jane Grey profile image88
    Jane Greyposted 7 years ago

We love because we were created for it! "We love Him because He first loved us."

4. KimberlyAnn26 profile image58
    KimberlyAnn26posted 7 years ago

We love because he first loved us. Plain and simple.

5. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 7 years ago

Why do we love ? Well if everyone and is brother is honest we all have a fear of rejection and not being loved. Everyone wants to be loved, even crooks love and admire other crooks. It is part of our God given nature that can not be bought or sold. The facts are it just is. It is such a stong part of us  and I believe the most powerful force in the universe  . It comes in so many different ways ,if we try to supress love it will kill the passsion within us and we will trully not be alive or able to live in the wonderful present. But I believe in order to recieve love we must first love our selves and then we are free to love others .As we pay it forward so to speak, the most beautiful thing happens it comes back to us and in a multiude of different ways. But lets not try to control it for then we will lose it. If we love ,love then we must give it away and that I believe is why we love and the greatest comandment is to love our neighbour as we love ourselve`s  and the author of love loved us so much that he sent his own son to die for us and that is the ultimate love and because of that we are set free to Love by faith in his love.........Ok thats my ten cents..later Michael :0)

6. Vishaaa profile image76
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

Still I could't figure out why do we love. But in common girls find themselves secured in love.

7. Bronson_Hub profile image61
    Bronson_Hubposted 7 years ago

Asking the question almost seems like pressing the pause button on the activity of doing it; and in a way, deprives us of the experience by objectifying it into an answer.

I saw a few answers saying "We love Him because He first loved us."

Ladies and gentlemen... this is why the other countries are beating us!

8. lawrencebeach2010 profile image60
    lawrencebeach2010posted 7 years ago

We are biologically programmed to find love, as a means to procreate and populate the world.

working