jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

They say silence means no. But what about for you? does silence always means a n

1. vivienblue_06 profile image51
    vivienblue_06posted 7 years ago

They say silence means no. But what about for you? does silence always means a no no?

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

In my experience, silence generally means that the answer is not what the asker wants to hear. Occasionally it just means that someone doesn't want to hear the asker speak, or deems their question not worth answering, and has picked a very rude and demeaning way of showing it. So...as the answer to a question yes, silence that is not accompanied by any particular body language does often seem to be a bad sign.

3. lindagoffigan profile image61
    lindagoffiganposted 6 years ago

In the legal sense, silence is usually a form of acceptance. So if one disagrees then it is best to speak up civily.

4. jessyferari1 profile image61
    jessyferari1posted 6 years ago

when i'm silent it really doesn't mean NO. it means i have lots to say but in order not to cause trouble oh well. For some reason i'm told to keep quiet while In some cases i just either do not feel like saying anything or i dont have anything to say. it could mean different things. Not just NO!

5. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 6 years ago

God says in the Bible, "A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. (Pro 29:11)

6. danielleantosz profile image74
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

I agree with wychic, I am usually silent if I know the statement I have to make will not be helpful or is not what the person wants to hear and you know they are only looking for agreement.

working